Lets see your Shotgun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
Since when does need have anything to do with it ? ;)

Need has nothing to do with it. If owning the beast because it's cool is the reason for owning it, then that's a good enough reason for me. Read above.......I own three of them.....I don't think I need three, but they're good fun.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
yup, I think the Manager at our rough shoot would explode, he keep's trying to ban my friend for his normal semi auto.

They are giving me jip for shooting an over and under in my rough shoot, they like abit tradition these guys! I'kk buy a £50 side by side instead of my over and under Beretta, NOT

Nice gun Red, its abit like the swiss army knife of the shotgun world!!! Benellis are good though!!!

yeah. Seems a bit overkill to me. I can't see a situation where I'd need laser sighting, and I use my 870 for bear. It's cool, for sure, but not sure of the practical application.

well i used to run a SAIGA 12 semi with 4 off 8 rnd box mag lookes like an AK47 32 rnd of Slug in rapid fire aint practical but sure is fun

basically hte bottom one of these (stock net photo i dont have any of my old gun sold it a while ago)

SAIGA12.jpg

Metatron

Sep 12, 2010
Worthing
I have a Beretta 682 gold e and a Winchester 101 Trap. They are stock with absolutely no modifications. They are used for clay pigeon shooting mainly and pigeon, snipe, woodcock, duck and such.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
This is mine, its a Zabala Hermanos side by side. It's a single trigger multi choke, and good fun to use, but a tad on the heavy side, im going to buy an over and under soon.

shotgunn.jpg

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
well i used to run a SAIGA 12 semi with 4 off 8 rnd box mag lookes like an AK47 32 rnd of Slug in rapid fire aint practical but sure is fun

Saiga 12 here also but with the Sporting stock.

Cribed photo below..

image001.jpg

NZ FA regulations makes anything semi auto with a pistol style grip an E cat firearm and you need a special endorsement on your FAL and improved security etc..

Any how back to the Saiga..
As a sporting firearm it's not the best but it is fun and good for Possums...

ATB

John

Last edited:
Saiga 12 here also but with the Sporting stock.

NZ FA regulations makes anything semi auto with a pistol style grip an E cat firearm and you need a special endorsement on your FAL and improved security etc..

Any how back to the Saiga..
As a sporting firearm it's not the best but it is fun and good for Possums...

ATB

John

the club i shot with ( and Red does )
does a lot of practical everything trying ot get teh old pistol days back the local gu nshop ahd a batch of the 12s in and a few 410s you cant have a semi auto rifle here but you could use the 410 with 3" brass carts and .41" Heads ie slug ;)
tho its an expensive way to shoot

a few guys had the barrels chopped back as we had the log version shown in my picture being Sect 1 alredy tiy can have shorter than 24" barrel on a shotgun
in fact a mate ghas a very nice police gun side by side with 20" barrels :D on sect 1

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
a few guys had the barrels chopped back as we had the log version shown in my picture being Sect 1 alredy tiy can have shorter than 24" barrel on a shotgun
in fact a mate ghas a very nice police gun side by side with 20" barrels :D on sect 1

DINGDINGDINGDING

I was under the impression that ALL semi-auto and pump shotguns have to have a 24" barrel else they become S5? This was a slight issue when Gun Mart reviewed a reproduction Winchester 1887 with a 22" tube -- they had the lawyers from BASC confirm this. (The 1887, being a lever-action, is limited only by the 12/24 rule.)

DINGDINGDINGDING

I was under the impression that ALL semi-auto and pump shotguns have to have a 24" barrel else they become S5? This was a slight issue when Gun Mart reviewed a reproduction Winchester 1887 with a 22" tube -- they had the lawyers from BASC confirm this. (The 1887, being a lever-action, is limited only by the 12/24 rule.)

ah yes semis have a longer min limit the SAGIAs where chopped to 24" as they have longer barrels

teh double barrel one is oks tho at 20"

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
in fact a mate has a very nice police gun side by side with 20" barrels :D on sect 1

I had a go with that about 6 month back - nice bit of kit - I was looking around for stagecoach to ride on :)

Shoot me a mail before you come mate and I'll make sure I am in!

forestwalker

An old SbS (12 gauge) and a Tikka combo (m70: 12/.222 rem). I really should get the Tikka sorted such that it can handle steel shot (lead is legal for hunting, not on the range, apart from the environmental issue), so that I can get some decent amount of practice with it. The Tikka is sufficiently Old School as to have an external hammer...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I love those combo shotgun / rifles! My friends father has a 12 / .243 with swing off scope. I covet that gun!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i have 3 shoteys....

1. silver pigeon 4 under/over 12g
2. Franchie semi auto 12g full mag
3. Bacle single barrel 410g this one only cost £90 new and its indestructable if a little simple....lol....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE