Hello Again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi All,

It's been a while since I frequented this campfire, but life has it's way of pulling you in unexpected directions. Before I get stuck in again I thought it would be a good to reintroduce myself a little.

As per my profile I a from small sea side town just north of Dublin City and grew up exploring the coastline, fields, hedges and small woods in the surrounding area for the past 35 years. I was introduced to camping and woodcraft by my dad and then through the Scouts (which I am still involved in when i can). Then after watch some of Mr Mears fine work on TV and reading one or two of his books this think I did became Bushcraft. So I did alot more reading, and alot of personal practice as well as taking a few courses with instructors like Anthonio Akkerman, Frank McKeown and Gary Wale. Also of course learning tonnes form the contributors here at BushcraftUK. There is still tonnes to learn so I back.

Besides Bushcraft I also enjoy the Martial Arts and spending hours rolling around the floor with my 7month old number one Son and I can't wait until it's time for me to bring him on his first camping trip.

Well that's bit long winded so sorry. I see a lots changed here since I last contributed to I have lot to catch up on. Please be patience with my questions and I hope I can from time to time be of some help as well.

Talk to you again soon.

James

ScotsSurvival

Oct 12, 2010
Scotland
Welcome back, on a camping note we took our son camping for the first time when he was 1 year old and he was with us and our 3 year old daughter at the Comrie croft meet just last week so not long to go. If it helps buy a pair of puddle jumpers he can crawl about and keep resonable dry.

Also when you first go camping with him your car will look like you've packed for the apocalypse. For some reason talking small kids camping demands huge amounts of STUFF or at least it does if my misses packs.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Guys,

Much appreicated. My Dad brought my brother and I camping about the same age and from it became every second weekend. So he is 1 April so the place are already being made for next summer. Can't wait.

James

Mack_ire

James, We (MPSE) will be up in your neck of the woods Dec 10-12 in the Turvey wood, Donabate. Check out the scouting links in the new scouts.ie website of MPSE on Facebook. I think we have one of your female leaders involved already.

Regards, Mack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE