National Trust car parking - overnight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Does anyone know if it's okay to leave a car in a NT car park over night whilst heading off to the hills for a bivvy ?

I'm a fully paid up member

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Most of the NT carparks I have used have rules / information where you would buy a ticket if needed as a non member.
If they are going to clamp you for over night parking I think they have to have lots of visable notices saying as such.

You could just ask the local warden, but if you are going to bivvy on NT land you might not want to :p

I think it should be fine from an NT point of view if you are displaying your badge. Wether it's secure or not would depend on the location. Will anyone from NT be around when you park to ask?
I know in some areas FC wardens check car parks late at night for people camping illegally (stealth) or involved in other, far dodgier activities.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
As above really depends on where and who the warden is. The majority are quite happy to knock off at 5pm but some places with regular late night partyers, campers they will have signs saying no overnight parking and check. Trust car parks in out of the way places can be vulnerable so make sure not to leave valuables etc. broken windscreen glass as a car park surface will tell you if you are in a hot spot.

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
I've parked in Langdale and Wasdale Head NT carparks for several days while in the hills. Just leave my NT member parking permit on dash.
Never had any probs but mine is a beat up old landy.
Nick

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks chaps

Should have said it will be Lakes car parks, they're a bit off the beaten track but still official NT parking. I have a plan B in case there are blatent "no overnight parking" signs.

I know what you're saying Ed about leaving a note for the MRT but that just asking for bother if the wrong sort turn up and three o'clock in the morning. I wonder if there's a number I could ring instead ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE