alternative weapons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
But this is why it confuses me a slingshot can be conseald buy someone and do a lot of damage.
Also most people speculate that a bow in the rong hands can be a cruel way for an animal to die
but come on a slingshot could be just as bad .

yes but the use of a slingshot is not as widely known as a hunting tool more as a little boys toy. so the animal rights maniacs didnt campaign about it and ban it.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
its a shame you cant bow hunt really. its very humane. if you miss with anything you are allowed to shoot a rabbit with and just injure it then it will still run off down a burrow to get gangrene and die, but miss with an arrow and even if it isnt pinned to the ground it will have trouble running through a hedge or down a hole so you can dispatch it swiftly and humanely.

http://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Spears.html <-- for something bigger than a rabbit...

and i suppose if you really wanted to you could hunt with throwing knives...

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
when i was younger we called the swiss arrow a dutch arrow use to make them out of cane and a bit of cardboard a nother old hunting tool from the new forest was a snog again a stick with a lead weight on one end used for squirrels[ red ] ones

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
just wondering about thrusting spear and jabbing spear legality? as on our survival quest we had a couple inhabied dreys in out camp, (literally 1.5 meters away from our shelter), and i was wondering how to extricate them. ?
and then about throwing spears??

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
just wondering about thrusting spear and jabbing spear legality? as on our survival quest we had a couple inhabied dreys in out camp, (literally 1.5 meters away from our shelter), and i was wondering how to extricate them. ?
and then about throwing spears??

Drey poking is commonly done on estates (greys are nasty things). However there's usually a few people standing round with lead launching equipment. Perhaps you could be crafty and strategicaly place a few squirrel poles before poking?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE