Ray Mears 25th Anniversary knife.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I wish him all the best with his sale, i just thought back when i have brought a custom knife for a lot of money it was probably worth £2 in steel, £2 in wood, £5 in fittin togs a couple more quid in the box and about £100 quid in labour and the rest of is down to having too much money at the time (pre-marriage)

Apologies for being unhelpful,

I didnt think before posting

Last edited:

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
There is really three questions here.

1. What is the expected sale price of the knife?

2. What is the worth of any knife? I have a knife that is handmade by the same smith, paid about 100 quid for it. Is it UKP 95 better than a Mora? It looks nicer. It has more character. It is different from the Mora, but honestly I would not say that there is any objective way to say that it is better, not in general. For some purposes it is objectively better, but for some others it is worse. Did I pay extra for knowing was made by Julius? There is no makers mark on it, it was a one-off trial of the bushcraft pattern (I don't know if he ever made any more before the 25th anniv knife), so it can't be collectors value... Was I conned into buying a cheaper RM knife replica? Did I get a steal, in getting a knife just about as good as the RM knife, for less? Don't know, I just like the knife and is happy I bought it.

3. What should our response be to the price tag on any "branded" kit? Should we laught and point? Go "ohh, ahh, a real..."? Ignore the whole issue?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There is really three questions here.

1. What is the expected sale price of the knife?

2. What is the worth of any knife? I have a knife that is handmade by the same smith, paid about 100 quid for it. Is it UKP 95 better than a Mora? It looks nicer. It has more character. It is different from the Mora, but honestly I would not say that there is any objective way to say that it is better, not in general. For some purposes it is objectively better, but for some others it is worse. Did I pay extra for knowing was made by Julius? There is no makers mark on it, it was a one-off trial of the bushcraft pattern (I don't know if he ever made any more before the 25th anniv knife), so it can't be collectors value... Was I conned into buying a cheaper RM knife replica? Did I get a steal, in getting a knife just about as good as the RM knife, for less? Don't know, I just like the knife and is happy I bought it.

3. What should our response be to the price tag on any "branded" kit? Should we laught and point? Go "ohh, ahh, a real..."? Ignore the whole issue?

No, the original question was..

Hi,
I have a RM 25th Anniversary knife and just wondering if any of you guys can tell me what its worth?

Nick

The answer based on the current market is £450 - £550. Simple.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I don't really get why people are debating things irrelevant to the OP's question, I think this thread has reached it's full potential but to add to the rest of the replies,
I've seen them range from £250 - 500 It depends on which country you sell it in and when you sell it mainly :)

May 15, 2009
Englefield green
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your replies (usefull and none usefull).
My knife is number 66 of 250 I think? And as Im becoming a Instructor it will stay firmly on my belt!!!!

Thanks Again

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your replies (usefull and none usefull).
My knife is number 66 of 250 I think? And as Im becoming a Instructor it will stay firmly on my belt!!!!

Thanks Again

Keeping the knife and enjoying using it is the best decision, sure once you spend cash its gone for good whereas a knife can last you a lifetime.

jimjolli

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2008
london
Sorry to join this thread late. I recently purchased one, I think it was £400, which to be honest, I was very happy to pay. I love it and use it regularly, and intend to do so for many years to come. Hopefully if I have kids, I will eventually hand it down to one of them to use, the same way some people have their grandfathers watch or lighter. £400 well spent for a potential family heirloom.

Keep it, use it, enjoy it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE