Oxford?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start uni at Oxford in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there's anyone there, maybe even at the uni or at Brookes who would fancy getting out and doing some bushcraft occasionally! Of course, I say this before I've gauged how busy I'll be (!) but still.. :rolleyes:

Allie

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
As a first year, I guess you'll be in accommodation in central Oxford. In my experience, there are no public places around Oxford where you can legally do things like firelighting /camping out, but there are a lot of green spaces in and around the city if you hunt them out, with lots of opportunities for foraging and more peripheral activities (e.g. tracking, wildlife watching). A couple of weeks ago I came back with a few kilos of sloes, blackberries and a big chunk of chicken-of-the-woods, all gathered at lunchtime from just outside the University Parks.

Having said that, with only 8 week terms, do take advantage of the studying facilities while you're there. With more than half the year on vacation, you'll have plenty of time to do bushy stuff outside term time. (Apologies for this advice, but I've got children at University! :)). You'll generally have 0th and 9th weeks available for 'playing'.

BTW, what's your course and college?

Geoff

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Yup - about as central as you can get, I'm in Brasenose which is on Radcliffe Square.. Heh, guess you have a point there - thanks for the input!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE