MealGear - a box of!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
TeeDee x 3 sets
Mayfly x 6 sets
Trev x 5 sets ( Upto -Option not Obligation )
telwebb x 3 sets
Helixpteron x 6 sets please. (Serious Interest, happy to pay in full, in advance, including P&P).
Leezo x 2 sets
Spaniel Man x 2 sets
belzeebob23 x 2 sets
Dougster X 5
1972 x 2 sets (Definitely 1 set possibly 2, price dependant)

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
TeeDee x 3 sets
Mayfly x 6 sets
telwebb x 3 sets
Helixpteron x 6 sets please. (Serious Interest, happy to pay in full, in advance, including P&P).
Leezo x 2 sets
Spaniel Man x 2 sets
belzeebob23 x 2 sets
Dougster X 5
adriatikfan x 4 sets please

Thank you
David

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
TeeDee x 3 sets
Mayfly x 6 sets
telwebb x 3 sets
Leezo x 2 sets
Spaniel Man x 2 sets
belzeebob23 x 2 sets
Dougster X 5

39/40 so far if I'm correct .

Just thought I'd add a count ,

Cheers , Trev

Last edited:

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
TeeDee x 3 sets
Mayfly x 6 sets
telwebb x 3 sets
Leezo x 2 sets
Spaniel Man x 2 sets
belzeebob23 x 2 sets
Dougster X 5
Loenja 1x (dependant on price)
all gone!!??

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
Sorry should have been clearer ,
it was 39/40 towards 48
So now 39/41 towards 48 , taking into account the 2 that are dependant on price.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
With postage etc , Ideally £3.50 but would still be happy with £4 . As I've committed I'd pay regardless but over £4.50 wouldn't be so good . Still a bargain though .
Thing is with them being what they are the postage for One isn't going to be much less than the postage for 3/4/5/6 .
Cheers , Trev .

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
These are really good gear, they also work well with JetBoil size pots.

The cutting edge is surprisingly sharp too...
happy0054.gif

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Open ended and frank question for all of those who have shown interest so far.

Was/Is the interest and number of quantity per person based
ONLY on a hypothetical purchase price of £2.91 per unit ( +postage )??

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Bear in mind that in addition to the individual postage cost to each person, there is the postage of the box to the person that is going to split the box, wrap them up in something, get to the post office, and send them all out. I think £3.50-£4.00 is perfectly reasonable, and still a lot cheaper than buying anywhere else.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Was/Is the interest and number of quantity per person based
ONLY on a hypothetical purchase price of £2.91 per unit ( +postage )??

For those interested based on the initial £140 + shipping.

I hope that people don't mind, but where needed I will be rounding up - the extra can go somewhere towards fuel cost.

£140 divided by the 48 sets needs to be £2.92 (it's closer to £2.9166 - so any less and TeeDee is on a slippery slope).

If the shipping to TeeDee is the same as here it'll be £9 to get it to him.

Then comes the split down to each individual. Another problem, does TeeDee get one size of package or packages suitable for each set going out. A second problem - where to get? Cheaper deals online - but that will mean adding in yet another P&P charge (for delivery). For ease I'll go for a single size of jiffy bag - and they'll come from Staples. That'll be £40 (rounded up to give some fuel money).

Hmm, the last stage ... posting out to forum members.
Each sets weighs in at 200 grams - and the jiffy bag? Call it 50g??
So 250grams - that'll cost £0.81 (based on a sending a single set) for second class. Hmm, a problem arises ... a set doesn't turn up and, understandably, the person in question would like their money back (TeeDee out of pocket time ??). Okay, lets go go second class recorded (insured up tp £41) - same single set parcel will cost £1.55.

So that's:

To get the parcel to TeeDee ...

£2.92
£0.19

First Sub total: £3.11

TeeDee sending parcels out (based on singles sets)

£0.83
£1.55
Second sub-total £2.38

And that makes it a grand total of £5.49 (based on single sets)

EDIT: Please note that if the package is over 25mm the cost for second class recorded postage will rise to £2.25 (raising the total to £6.19)

EDIT2: I should mention that due to how postage cost rises against weight sent, the average cost per set does drop slightly with each extra set ordered.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Decorum, many many thanks, there is only so much I could say on this and hope that other people would put themselves in the same situation to see what they would think is 'fair' to all ( ie myself included )
I was not looking to make a significant profit from this , more to ensure that I covered costs and did not end up with half a box of Metal gear that i would have to explain to the missus when half the people who showed interest did not fulfill.

At the moment the figure you've worked out is sim to my own idea and not very different to the one on Ebay , so I think i will have to bow out of this.
However if anyone from this thread wants to take it on themselves to purchase and split... I would obviously be interested

Don't think this is going to happen.
And by the look of it the box of 48 is currently on Ebay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE