Rattling Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Viking said:
Don´t blame the equipment, mine are silence as a mouse it does not rattle or anything like that. And there are no special made for the army.

I am working on a tutorial about the mess kit, but since nothing happens on the bcuk site this wll be published on another site.
Well perhaps if I wasn't so busy working the damn bcuk site I would have more time to investigate the rattle!

Don't push it!! :nono: You have been warned.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Viking said:
Don´t blame the equipment, mine are silence as a mouse it does not rattle or anything like that. And there are no special made for the army.

I am working on a tutorial about the mess kit, but since nothing happens on the bcuk site this wll be published on another site.
Hmmm, take metal items and place them in a metal container with catches and hooks pn the outside - doesn't scream stealth at me. I guess that I could pack it up with stuff on the inside and do that each and every time I want it to be quiet (something to absorb that meths smell perhaps ... which, after all, it pretty nasty stuff to consume).

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Hope this works - this is how my Trangia is secured rattle free!

Attachments

• Feb24291.JPG
    Feb24291.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 66

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
My windshield doesnt fall off, have you got the handle on the inside? As for getting it apart again i put my fingers in the hole on the bottom and push the bottom of the pan with my thumbs this seems to work well.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
The hook allows you too hang it over an open fire. A handy option. As for stopping the rattle or falling apart you definately need a strap/belt. I had a spare genuine trangia strap so it looks (almost) like a real one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE