Last minute trip to Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Hi everyone,

A friend and I have decided, before starting uni, we're going to take a last minute trip up to Scotland, and I was wondering if you guys could help us pick somewhere to go!

We're going to leave on Friday and go for a few days, possibly longer - however long we want! Ideally, we'd like a loch, somewhere with some munros or just some good hills to climb, and plenty of trees for hammocking. If possible we'd like to fish as well so possibly a sea loch!

We'll have a car so hopefully that opens things up a bit.. We're right down south so closer to England is better but we'll go the distance if needs be :p The weather forecast doesn't look fabulous, but we're thinking we'll just brave it..!

Any answers would be great - thank you in advance!

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Am I right in thinking that's quite bare? Beautiful, from what I've seen though! By the way, what're the midges like at this time of year? I guess if it's raining they won't be about too much.. one advantage!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Am I right in thinking that's quite bare? Beautiful, from what I've seen though! By the way, what're the midges like at this time of year? I guess if it's raining they won't be about too much.. one advantage!

I've found the rain doesn't make much difference to the little swines really, it's the drop in the wind that brings them out in force.

There are patches of woodland and forestry around which you could probably base yourself at for a couple of days and then move on somewhere else.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Loch etive it is! Am I right in thinking the parking's at the head of the loch? Looking forward to being able to post some good pictures next week! :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE