home made wood carrier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi all,

Just finished this little project,

Anyone who uses a wood burning type stove to heat their homes knows how much you need to keep it going through the winter.

We cut all our own fuel ( Dead Wood) From the woods around us. Normally I would carry it all in a wheel barrow or if going to parts of the wood where cant get the barrow into it would be carried in my arms.

Personally I find it a lot easier carrying weight on my back so come up with this.

wspe6x.jpg

Made from an old pack frame, baby gate, memory foam that was used as packing and off cuts of leather.

I padded out the shoulder straps with the foam and covered it with leather to make it easier on the shoulders and used the cut up baby gate to make a base.Next was the "Stomach belt" which was made up with webbing and clips from various old bags.A couple of bolts and a lick of paint and its ready to go.

do6j2s.jpg

Not even at full capacity
5upnwj.jpg

this little lot weighed in at 95.5 lb which if my math is correct is about 6st 11.5lb and I had no problems with the pack

2myr9t4.jpg

comments welcome

thanks for looking

Craig

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Looks good for the purpose. I thought I was going to be embaressed -- I use blue IKEA bags to transport firewood from the woodshed into the house (except for the stuff that enters the basement in a wheelbarrow). Not bushcrafty, but cheap and expedient.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Rucksacks with an external L frame from which the main puch could be removed were quite common when I was a kid, I wonder if I still have mine, it would be ideal for 2 cases of beer! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE