Coffee and coffee grinding.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crazivan

Aug 17, 2010
Oxfordshire
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYOCERA-Coffe...ryZ20671QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The one above looks like a steel version of the same. No connection to ebay or seller etc, but a happy customer.

The ceramic burrs are actually identical (made by the same manufacturer -- Kyocera)! The Porlex, Kyocera and Hario Skerton are all ceramic burr grinders and all get very good reviews. One of the reasons why I prefer the stainless steel Porlex (other than being more rugged) is that you don't get a problem with static electricity; this can make the grounds cling to the container and a bit of a pain to empty out.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Yes you are right about the static. I bought a cheapo burr grinder that has this problem; however I discovered that by cupping my damp hands around the plastic container and tapping it I can get the ground beans to fall off. Well it seems to work for me anyway.

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
I normally grind the coffee at home in an electric grinder the day before I go, and have bought an inexpensive perculator £7.50 which is made of metal that will sit nicely on a grill above the embers. As per most food and drink it tastes a lot better sitting around the camp fire!

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
I appreciate a good cup of fresh coffee as much as the next man, but the thought of lugging percolators and grinders into the woods or wherever is just too galling for me, this reads more like a thread on a caravanning forum!

Jun 7, 2010
Lincolnshire
Just got back last weekend from three weeks in Scotland where I used this set up for coffee. Bought ground coffee and kept it in a screw top airtight container. Brewed the coffee in my crusader mug and used a plastic tea strainer (19p) to remove most of the grounds when I poured it into my mug.

coffee.png

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE