well, this is hilarious......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Loving it here.

I've seen the jungle one, the Tasmania one and can't wait to get to the others.

I think she has quite a sharp sense of humour and the interaction between them is sweet!

He has endless patience - this is a good skill to learn for any married man ;)

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
one really good idea id never seen before that was on this show was the thumb string they used when using a hand drill to stop blisters. Such a simple idea, just a short 6 inch bit of string with a loop on either end fitted into a groove on the end of the hand rod and used by putting the thumbs into it thus holding the hangs up from sliding down the rod and thereby meaning you can continue without stopping or getting blisters. Genius ! ;p That alone made the whole thing worth watching.

Gailainne

Life Member
Interesting view points coming thru, from my perspective I enjoyed the 3 programmes I watched, they have a good chemistry together, but some of the looks he shot the camera after a particularly trying moment were priceless, (the turtle one in particular). For a Ch 5 newsreader the Mrs did all right, stick yourself in that situation and then judge.

I can imagine him being a very good instructor, he has a calm methodical delivery, yeah the voice grates at first, but you do listen. We should get Tony to book them for a moot :)

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I really enjoyed the first one, just downloading a second. One thing - isn't that "turtle" a tortoise? I thought turtles had flippers and swam about, tortoises wander around on land?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I really enjoyed the first one, just downloading a second. One thing - isn't that "turtle" a tortoise? I thought turtles had flippers and swam about, tortoises wander around on land?

Turtle is a generic term that covers tortoise, terrapins, ninja and sea turtles.

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
I guess you either love it or hate it.

It looks like good TV to me - nice balance between entertainment (lots of humour intentional or otherwise) and information.

My only concern with this and some other similar programmes is the killing of animals for public entertainment. There is a critter, in its own territory, minding its own business and then it is off with its head and onto the barbie. This seems to be so that we can see whether the wife is squeamish or not. I much preferred the wild plant foraging in the Tasmanian episode.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Once I got over the guy's voice (actually I'm still not over it I just try to ignore it) I think it's a fun show with a few good survival tips. He does seem like a calm patient guy who knows his stuff. I watched two of the programmes and I enjoyed them more than a certain other survival show.

The woman is comical but really she's pretty brave to go from the TV news desk to a swamp in Florida and the depths of an Amazonian rain forest. I don't know anything about her but I suspect she must have had a bit of experience with the outdoors before because she does manage to put up with quite a bit of discomfort.

All in all I think it's an entertaining show and I'd rather people were watching stuff like this than most of the dross that is being churned out to keep the masses subdued.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE