What can you make/do with a tent peg?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Or several tent pegs.

I've had an attic sort out, and found a bag full of the things, far more than I need. Contemplating making a pan holder, or stove support, or something, but in the meantime I've just unblocked the bathroom sink with one!

Any other suggestions?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have made a catapult frame with one, then covered it with leather; forged a couple of rings for a leather bag, made a forged belt buckle, and often use short sections to make the riveted pivots on my friction folders!

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
<cough>
hold up a tent...
</cough>

:)

How about bending it into a shape, adding a handle and making a branding iron for marking your cattle/children/belongings?

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
some s hooks to hold pots over a fire, hang rucksack to tarp ridge line
cut them up and use them as pins to handle a knife
they would make a good back scratcher
make a mini grill if you can braze/solder them
pot stand
make something decretive out of them like a door sign with someone name on it, you might have to join a couple together
make some d rings for leather work, just joined or brazed/soldered/welded depending on tools
make link and join them together for a cooking pot chain, along with the s hooks above
im sure theres loads of other things to be done with them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE