Lets see your Shotgun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
Remington 870, norinco double barrel coach gun, and mossberg maverick pump action. All 12 guage. I love shotguns me.............the most versatile of the firearms.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay Heres mine

Benelli M3 Kromo - 7+1. Pump and semi auto (changed with the supporting hand on a lever). Laser sight, rib and surefire G3 on pressure switch, poly choke on screw in base (dial the choke you want)

2459456513_feb187b62c_o.jpg

4627020521_a98b926dec_o.jpg

Red

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Seriously? What the hell for? What's the problem with a semi auto?

He's a bit of a traditionalist, there are quite a few places that frown upon semi's, I think they may have had a bad experiance of someone with one mabey, also unless you use a flag case, people can't tell it's unloaded, unlike a break which is pretty obviouse, I think it come down to 1 haveing only two shots gives the bird a sporting chance, 2 a mistrust of the shooters safty practices.

Red shoots practical shotgun, iirc.

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
He's a bit of a traditionalist, there are quite a few places that frown upon semi's, I think they may have had a bad experiance of someone with one mabey, also unless you use a flag case, people can't tell it's unloaded, unlike a break which is pretty obviouse, I think it come down to 1 haveing only two shots gives the bird a sporting chance, 2 a mistrust of the shooters safty practices.

Red shoots practical shotgun, iirc.

Hello.
That's crazy. It's just a different type of action is all; but if the guy wants to call it traditional.....depending how far back you take it a bow and arrow is traditional.
Red may shoot practical shotgun, but practical for what? I use em a great deal as a part of my work, and a great deal as part of my leisure time, and if I thought I'd need a laser sight then I'm binning the shotty and using a rifle.

Pete

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What do you use a laser sight for on a shotgun ?

NS

Shooting "practical shotgun" on a range as Southey notes:)

Absolutely no point at all for game purposes as you say. Not much point on a range either if I'm honest - the rib and fibre optic "bead" are all you really need for instinctive aiming. But the mount was there, and I had one soooooo

I'm not the best shotgun shot in the world - coming from a rifle shooting background doesn't help I find, but the practical stuff is good fun

Red

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
Shooting "practical shotgun" on a range as Southey notes:)

Absolutely no point at all for game purposes as you say. Not much point on a range either if I'm honest - the rib and fibre optic "bead" are all you really need for instinctive aiming. But the mount was there, and I had one soooooo

I'm not the best shotgun shot in the world - coming from a rifle shooting background doesn't help I find, but the practical stuff is good fun

Red

Ah right. I now understand.
And yes, it does look cool as a monk on rollerskates.
What are you launching at the range? You must be firing slugs if you're needing the accuracy of the laser sight.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ah right. I now understand.
And yes, it does look cool as a monk on rollerskates.
What are you launching at the range? You must be firing slugs if you're needing the accuracy of the laser sight.

Yep generally slug when trying for accuracy (basically musket shooting), SG / LG for patterning and then no.6 for static clays amd falling steels. I don'y take it very seriously, but it is a lot of fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE