Freeze Dried Chicken anywhere?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Hi Guys,

I want to make up some Chinese style chicken curry dehydrated meals and I was wondering if anyone new where I could get some freeze dried cooked chicken?

Christopher

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
Hi.
Is there any reason you are wanting to mix freeze dried with dehydrated (rather than use dehydrated chicken)?

To be honest, one of the most simple ways to make up dehydrated meals is simply to use a dehydrator! It will be cheaper than buying freeze dried food stuffs too :)

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Thanks for the link and Ray is purly the texture. Minced beef I've dhydrated sucesfully many times but chicken breast has always come out something like grape shot! ;)

Last edited:

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
clcuckow

That 'grape shot' comment was a real laugh out loud moment!
Luckily I had just put my drink of iron Bru down, or that could have been a wet keyboard moment instead!

I see where you are coming from, and to be honest, any food resembling grape shot does not exactly sound pleasant! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE