Scrap It's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How do you view this type of knife

• Like em would have one/ do have similer

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Dont like em no thanks should have left in the scrap bin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Not sure (post why etc)

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been using some of the scrap ends of O1 ive kept from other knives to make some Free hand 2 and 3 finger sketeton necker/ pack blades.

Also uses little bits of Kydex offcuts that are to small for anything else

I could have used the cheaper small rivets but stuck to the 1/4" ones at 1.5" centers so it can be fitted to std spaced kit like Teklocs and belt loops etc

All blades are or will be Flandi ground giving a nice sharp slicy but solid feel

any body have an opinion on these type of blades

Dsc_4178.jpg

the 3 made up are 4mm the rest are a mix of 3mm 4mm and 3/16" (4.75mm)

Dsc_4179.jpg

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
Really like those mate, particularly the larger holes at the tail end!
Look like a nice little backup knife :)
Thinking of selling a few or trading for anything else?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I likem too!, I think they would start off as a "I think i'l just put here(roundneck,pack,belt) as a back up" then before you realise it'll be your everything that doesent require large force knife.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I like them, there's a trend for similar knives being specially made for survival kits. My favourite would be the rightmost one

I really like the top one on the right hand side mate!
How big are they overall?

Size ranges from 2-3" blade and 2.5 to 3" ish handles the big holes are 16mm and all the new ones where goingto get that but a combo of cheap drill and cheap underpowered drill press makes it tomuch hard work so the rest have 10mm holes
Neil1
Nice work as always mate - offset russell inspired??
Are you at the Moot?

Just what shape the grinder made the odd shaped offcuts :D

no cant make the Moot to busy and a 10% cut on sales is a bit steep for the drive

Will be at the Gathering :D

sam_acw
I like them, there's a trend for similar knives being specially made for survival kits.

Watch this space :naughty: :cool:

thanks for the comments n Votes

ATB

Duncan

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cheers mate :) By the way, these look really, reaaly good. The Teklok idea is spot on. Great idea and I'm sure a ready market

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
It always amuses me what people refer to as 'scrap bits of metal' :lol: I don't think I've ever thought of a 5" of steel as an off cut!

To me a scrap end of bar is about an inch, even then I can normally find a project that can use it (and not just my silly miniatures before anyone mentions them :p )

It always amuses me what people refer to as 'scrap bits of metal' :lol: I don't think I've ever thought of a 5" of steel as an off cut!

To me a scrap end of bar is about an inch, even then I can normally find a project that can use it (and not just my silly miniatures before anyone mentions them :p )

cheers Dave :p

thses wernt just the last few inchs of a bar most bits are odd shapes as i use slightly wider than usual stock and rotatethe patterns i cut to give the biggest bit of scrap even with diagonal cuts etc
so an odd collection of triangles n rhomboids etc ;)

ive kept all the little bits for you dave to wack into a Bit Bin Mascus ;)

ATB

Duncan

Well all done now had a play with some Paracord on some

and a few Upgraded with Brights

hole centers to fit the Large and small Teklocs and Mollie clips

or jsut a paracord necklace

Dsc_4247.jpg

Dsc_4248.jpg

My able assitant pointed outthis oen was in her two favouratist colours

Dsc_4253.jpg

and here modelin the small Tekloc horizontal cross draw

Dsc_4259.jpg

Dsc_4261.jpg

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE