Most popular style of bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What style of bushcraft knife do you use ?

• Total voters

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
What the hell, might as well post it here too :lmao::lmao:

Laid out in type:

mycollection05.jpg

Laid out with Users on the Left, lookers on the right;)

mycollection052.jpg

Last edited:

akacoach

Jul 2, 2010
UK
This is / was my Terry Kidd before usage!:)

TK.jpg

And my Shing Bushbaby (at the top) - which may never get used. ;)

shing.jpg

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Shing Baby Bushy.

Made for me by Shing as was my UK legal EDC folder, both are with me every day. Folder in my briefcase, Baby Bushy in my car (usually driven by my wife though I have to say!).

With me when I have the luxury of time............

Alan Wood Last ever made BB Bushcrafter.

Alan W also last ever made Nessmuk ( MY Absolute top knife!).

(Both as far as I know! He may have made more but both designs he said at the time were his last made.........).

Lance Okenden Bird and Trout (my wifes favourite knife!), really beautiful and just so practical.

Variant 13 Designed made by Stu Barker Large Bushy ( My son aged 9 has said that THIS is the one he wants when I am gone!).

BUT For when the world ends, there can only be one.................. My Zackerty Serrata, with Ebony scales and red liners. What an absolutly solid knife, this will never break, unles you are totally stupid!

Elegance and skill matter ( Alan Wood Nessmuk), but when you want something to RELY on, Zackerty............ is the man.

Oh and a GB SFA and Silky Pocket boy!

( and a good 4 x 4 and a PUR water filter!)

Alan L.

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
Amongst all of the great and spectacular,has anyone mentioned the good ol' Frosts,as used by the Swedish army.Superb value for money,even better if you can get one of the non-stainless ones.

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
"Scandinavian style knife" has been around much longer than a "Bushcrafter" so they are in more hands and will continue to be so for a while due to the price.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Amongst all of the great and spectacular,has anyone mentioned the good ol' Frosts,as used by the Swedish army.Superb value for money,even better if you can get one of the non-stainless ones.

Yup, about nine times in the previouse post chap:).

Started with a sak huntsman, then to a frosts clipper, then a stainless mora, then carbon, then a JP Woodlore which is my main user, and currently playing with a three finger handle modern nessy made by FGYT with his flandy grind and a svord peasant(which now never leaves me).

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
Ahh.I did wonder.Is that what everyone means when they talk about Scandinavian type?I just consider it as Swedish army surplus.Not really up to speed with all the complex knife terminology.I'm just happy with what I use.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
none of the above.

as a general rule the knives I use are sharp and pointy. my current user is my take on a nessmuk. though it is soon to be replaced with a scandi style blade.
Andy

Last edited:

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
I have resisted posting until now, because I couldn't decide whether or not we are talking about a "bushcraft knife" (ala Bushlore style that has to be in O1 :yikes: ) or a knife that is used for bushcraft. :D

I haven't voted for any of the listed opitions because they don't fit the description of what my favourite knife for use in Bushcraft is :D

Kind regards
Mick

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Don't know what my favourite might be, but my ONLY knife is an old Mora that I have no complaints about..holds a good edge and does what need doing...

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
I'm rocking a Helle Fjellkniven. It's a real nice knife. Sharp and pointy enough to stab it's way through a good part of my thumb. I didn't think the sight of my own blood would make me pass out. I'm just pleased it happened in my garden and not on a rock face somwhere. saying that, whittling on a rock face isn't too clever.

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
I have just ordered an Enzo Trapper, I am new to bushcraft and have the Mora Clipper which I will use and abuse more than the Enzo. What I would really like is a good nessmuk but I think that this is more a vanity thing than a practical use in the field knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE