Bernie Garland Bushcraft_need suggestion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I like the Bushcrafter in blade style 2 - the one with more belly. I've got the folding bushy too & that's a cracker as well.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have one of Bernie's own shaped bushcrafter's, as opposed to the woodlore clone/copy type.
It is in 3mm, which I find is a much easier tool to use than 4 or 5mm blades.
I have used an original Woodlore, numerous times in the past and the BG Bushcrafter is, in my experience, the better knife.
P3120005.jpg

I also have one of Bernie's wood carvers, which I handled myself. This is also a good knife but not suited to general everyday use around camp.

I have not seen any of Bernie's more recent work, first hand at least but can vouch for the two I have myself, as being of good quality and very practical design.

hope this helps

atb

Steve

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I've got his Little Whittler, it's my main user so that says it all. Alfredo, you won't go wrong with any of Bernie's knives in my opinion. Top kinves, top bloke.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've got his straight blade Bushcrafter as my main knife, and love it. Had a problem with a crack in the ironwood handle about a year after I bought it, and Bernie rehandled it without any quibbles at all. You won't go wrong with anything he makes.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
I have 3 of Bernie's knives and they are great .I have one of his Woody clones a Little Whittler and a carver which was handled by Scruff,the Woody is my main user and it is a real pleasure to use.
Andrew
Forgot to say the woody is my avatar

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i have the Curved belly bushcrafter, the B&T and EDC and a stick tang puukko, the Bushcrafter is by far the best

Josh pretty much summed it up for me there, I don't own one yet but I have played with a couple before. The Bushcrafter or Bird and Trout will be the one for me when the time comes.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Thanks guys for your advices, looks like nobody can be worng with BG knives....my wish list is updated now :)

What about Spyderco Bushcraft vs. BG Bushcraft? I'm uncertain between this two knives...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE