Boot care

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Hi I have just bought a pair of Austrian (army) lined leather boots and was woundering what to treat them with to keep them in good condition and water resistant. They are not Gortex but plain old leather with a leather lining.

Thanks Mark

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Thanks for the replies guys, I asked because when I searched for boot care there where some stories about over polishing and certain polishes or finishes that rotted the stiching or leather.

Thanks Mark

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
there where some stories about over polishing and certain polishes or finishes that rotted the stiching or leather

some people think that dubbin can cause certain types of stitching to rot, but the jury is still out on that one. Personally I think the boots themselves will have worn out first. Not sure if you can over polish boots with regard to waterproofness, i should think it is only a concern if you want to bull them.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I've always used Kiwi polish and a good bit of elbow grease. Never let me down yet.

If anything I've had people comment on how blinded they are by the shine on my boots.

I

issack

Hi...,

My mom had the idea for my work boots and we mix KIWI Black and huberds shoe grease together not only does it shine but waterproofs and conditions also.... and it is good for all leather items...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE