Tentipi Advice Please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
would love to know how to reduce them!

Click on Upload Options / Resizing select 800x600 (15 inch Monitor)
0a9780a6.jpg

isophene

Jun 5, 2010
Edinburgh
Brilliant photos, not too big at all! I'm getting a clear sense of how much family room you get in the 9. And the ambience in there seems great as well.

Nice tarp deployment by the way.

isophene

Jun 5, 2010
Edinburgh
So ... I am now the intrepid owner of a Tentipi Varrie 9, which I am looking forward to taking into the woods sometime soon. As soon as I've got some coherent thoughts on it, stories, or photographs to share, I will do so. Thanks again for all your friendliness and advice, I really appreciate it.

merchybryn

Mar 20, 2011
Wales
You can put the firebox/stove in a metal dog cage. If you have a stove you put the door uppermost so that the pole/chimney goes through. Or you can get a metal puppy playpen to put round it. This works for dogs too. Probably wouldn't have thought of it except that dogs were my problem so I had these things to hand.

merchybryn

Mar 20, 2011
Wales
Forgot to say that if you think the crate/playpen would still be too hot for an unthinking toddler you can pack fireblanket around the sides.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have a varrie/safir 9CP and it's lovely... the only thing it does not offer, that many of the modern "pod" tent designs do is privacy... not a problem generally but if your kids go to sleep early and you want to stay up for a bit, you have to be very very quiet in a tipi.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE