if you were allowed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I have a 5 person mexican hammock in the living room:p

That said I only sleep in it if it very hot and I want to cool down.

Otherwise I sleep in bed along with SWMBO.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Since my mother had serious back issues to the point of needing titanium splints by the age of 30 I have taken great care of mine, Not sure if it's a genetic thing or not, But since about the age of 21 I have primarily slept on the floor with a blanket between or on a futon and have never really had back pains out of the ordinary cases of over training and sutff.
Other people occassionally get back pains sleeping by me though as there back is not used to the straightness...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Another problem, lets imagine you have had some 'special time' with your partner, you can't really say "Cheers my darling, I'm off now for a good kip in my hammock" I just can't see that going down well, certainly not in my house even after thirty years of marriage.

Bad back? Get an orthopaedic bed.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
yes okay maybe your right guys but considering that i have a king size bed with memory foam matterous and what not that ment for people with back porblems and what not that probably cost my grandparents before they passed on about a 1000pound and i have a better nights sleep in a 40 quid dd camping hammock the asked does it not

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
wandering blade i fully agree with you and gregorach but the rents well they would string me to the ceiling by my male lower reachers if i even suggested his idea and well as with all men i am both emotionally and phyisically attached to them

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Mexican hammock cool,pics would be cooler pls

http://www.hammocks.co.uk/hammocks.htm is their website. I can't find many photos that show all of the hammock that I would put up on the net, but here is one with a bunch of my mates in the origional at my wedding
OldHammock.jpg

This hammock sadly died a few years later but here is a pic of my daughter and myself (well my leg) in its replacement during the hot spell a few of weeks ago
WillowInHammock.jpg

Six weeks old and already looking cool in a hammock :cool:

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Drew, the hammock does help a bad back. The first time I ever used a hammock was in fact in the physio dept of a very good hospital in Berlin. I went into hospital for something else but while I was there. may be due to the lack of exercise, hospital beds or whatever, I got a terrible back problem so they treated that as well.

Later on I got a hammock and frame, just for fun. One day I got a really bad back and was floored - couldn't move for a couple of hours. When eventually I could get up of the floor I forced myself to set up the hammock and, boy, was that a relief when I got in it!

I now use a hammock all the time. I sleep on a futon on the floor and roll the futon up every morning so that I no longer waste the space of a bed. I have slept quite often in my hammock, though. But after a week or so I want to go back to sleeping on the floor where I can really stretch out.

I find that when I sleep in the hammock it is much easier to get up at any time including in the morning whereas on my futon I sleep like a rock. Nevertheless I am very refreshed after sleeping in the hammock. It is just I don't have the feeling of having stretched out. So sleeping in the hammock is very restful, as most of us know, but it is a lighter sleep.

If you have the walls to hang up a hammock, that is better as you can then use all types and sizes of hammocks. The problem with hammock frames is that some hammocks are too long to fit in the frame.

I believe that hooks for hanging up a hammock on a wall must be part of a bolt that goes right through the wall into a metal plate on the other side of the wall - but I'm no expert at all on such matters as DIY!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE