if you were allowed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now then the question if you were allowed by swmbo (wether that be the wife/girlfriend or the mother or a combination of both)
would you string the hammock up in the bedroom and sleep in it permanently

the reason i ask is that on hammockforums.net there is a thread about bad backs and how permanently sleeping in a hammock along with doing yoga helps to stop the evil back pain completely.

now even tho back troubles arnt an issue with me being only 22 and not having injuered me slef YET i most certainly would but well the rents say i am not allowed dam

so would you

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
If she agreed, it depends on how adventurous she would be,hmm could be interesting.... Or do you mean if she slept in the bed and i slept in a hammock ?

Juraj

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2010
EU
Nope. 5 days on a boat from Iquitos to Puccalpa hanging in a hammock was more than enough:)

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
If i say it's good for my back she would probably say yes , but i would have to use the spare room (Hammock doesn't match the curtains). I will put the question to her.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you live on your own this would be fine, but if you have a loving partner then its a silly idea. I would also say that if you sleep in a hammock in your bedroom while single, you are likely to remain single for a long long time.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
yes okay bedroom fun/activitys with the other half would be cut to virtually nothing but if it ment you both got a better nights sleep i am sure the other things could get sorted out

To be honest, if I could slap up a hammock in another room and keep the ginormous bed we have for her & er... stuff, then I'd be in the hammock for sleepy bybyes all the time. At least I'd get a good nights kip and have no cold nights through duvet theft.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
If you live on your own this would be fine, but if you have a loving partner then its a silly idea. I would also say that if you sleep in a hammock in your bedroom while single, you are likely to remain single for a long long time.

nah, when i used to 'play the field' at uni i always used to go to their place deliberately in case they turned out to be nutters or bunny boilers then they couldnt turn up and ruin my life (or next encounter) i loved uni. wish i was still a student lol :D

as for a hammock, nah not in the house i love the bed to much lol

At least I'd get a good nights kip and have no cold nights through duvet theft.

this i deffo agree with tho!!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
why do u say that decorum

It's the way my mind works :eek: :yikes: :lmao:

I know that you mean 'If your wife/girlfriend or your mother allowed you to pitch .... '

Unfortunately my first reading 'fixed' on the word combination - and the result?
A combination of a wife/girlfriend who might also be your mother :yikes: :nono:

Like I said, I know what you mean* :cool: - but sometimes my mind becomes a sick and twisted little puppy :eek: .

EDIT:

* And, more importantly, so does eveyone else :D .

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's the way my mind works :eek: :yikes: :lmao:

I know that you mean 'If your wife/girlfriend or your mother allowed you to pitch .... '

Unfortunately my first reading 'fixed' on the word combination - and the result?
A combination of a wife/girlfriend who might also be your mother :yikes: :nono:

Like I said, I know what you mean :cool: - but sometimes my mind becomes a sick and twisted little puppy :eek: .

I though I was twisted, but you have indeed plumbed new depths....

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
My SWMBO likes her cuddles too much and a hammock in the house is just not an option.

You'd be amazed how much future peaceful good will can be gained by giving the significant other a cuddle in bed before going to sleep.

It makes mine more sociable the next day and that can make negotiations on new/shiny kit a lot easier... :D

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I had a mate that strung a hammock in his house between two brick walls and one of ring bolts tore a ruddy great hole out of one of them.

Choose your walls with great care.

Indeed even without ripping the bits out the wall straight away I knew someone who did this in a front room and gradually created huge cracks over time.
If I was doing it I'd suggest a scafold pole as a "ridgeline" to keep the walls pushed apart

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I have to admit, I have seriously considered getting rid of the bed and putting in a hammock so that I can use the space to set up a proper home brewery.

What's that? Yes, I am single actually... ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE