Magnus Axelson bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zagabul

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2009
London
www.aloxworld.com
I have always been fascinated by Magnus Axelson's creations. He is so talented. His pieces are work of art. No surprise that he won so many awards and championships.
I contacted Magnus (top bloke he is!) a while ago to see if he would be interested in making me a bushcraft knife. I was looking for something practical but also very much eye pleasing. Here is the result of many drawings, discussion about materials, grind, heat treatment and finish.

I feel so fortunate to have this masterpiece. Thank you Magnus if you read this post!

Specification:
Blade: 3.5mm 14c28 stainless steel Hollow grind
Bolster: Damasteel
Handle: Stabilized Birchburl
Liners: Filed Bronze
Sheath: Custom to the knife with Damasteel Badge

Magnus has been kind enough to take pictures along the process, so enjoy...

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachment-3aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-4aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-5aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-8aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-7aspx.jpg

The finished piece!!
GetAttachment-18aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-16aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-15aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-14aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-10aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-13aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-11aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-12aspx.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I had one of Magnus' knives for bushcraft for a while in sleipnir steel. You won't be sorry!

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I'm going to fly in the face of fashion and say that it really doesn't float my boat at all! I can appreciate the workmanship, the materials and some of the design features, but the exposed bolts and the protruding tang at the butt in particular are...not my cup of tea.

Unique piece though... :)

Rat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE