Hobo Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
004-20.jpg

Just knocked this up from an old tomato tin. Just an old school hobo, big hole at the front and little hole at the top back. I was well surprised by how well it burned, lit easy and burned hot without much smoke at all. I'll be taking it to the beach and on walks for a quick brew. Has anyone actually used a hobo stove as their main stove for any length of time? I'm thinking it might actually be possible to get by with a hobo stove for even a few days at a time. I kind of like it.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i always bring one. i use hexi or wood with it an i also have a coke can stove that goes in it and works great. the whole kit goes in a plastic bag and lives in my billycan along with a blowpoker, matches, cooking oil, washing liquid, water puritabs, etc. i keep that in a sack that came with my bivibag.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Caliban,

I have just done four days with just a Hobo stove. I use a Trangia burner when it needs to be more discrete but wood when I can as it creates more heat.

It's quite a practical way of cooking whenout and about.

Cheers,
Steve

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Cheers, Rag, Steve and Wayland. Wayland, I've seen your cook set up plenty of times, trouble is that it's so cool I never even considered that you actually use it to cook with. I've been messing around boiling water today, well impressed! This would be great for an allotment brew up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE