tiffin sets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
just thinking about it at the moment but would any one be interested in tiffin sets something likethis i have a friend who lives in india and every year ships some stuff over he sells at car boots, i could get these very cheap, more like cost a three tier is about £2.00over there (i lived in tamil nadu for a year) they do all sorts of sizes 3 4 5 tier they are useful bits of kit you can also pick up a pretty straight copy of the zebra cans fairly cheap as well . so i was just wondering what sort of interest there would be here for this sort of kit ? not looking to make money as it wont cost me anything for shipping .so i just need a rough nod of heads for interest before i get the wheels rolling. i know he is coming over in the summer so wouldnt take too long.if anyone would be interested give a nod an an indication of sizes and i will see what i can do.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've got a slightly different one that's great. Use it for collecting takeaways from the pub (food, not beer), taking meals out to the woods.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
For the un-initiated what are they for?

Indian lunch boxes, affluent Indians dont take packed lunches but order a tiffin.Hot food is cooked in a central kitchen and are delivered by an army of illiterate Runners in these containers. None of the runners can read or write and in Delhi alone they deliver about 20,000 every lunch time and hardly ever deliver the wrong meal to the wrong person.
Being stainless they make good cookpots in their own right.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are good but check the size before you buy, I've a three pot type and they are very small, and you can get liquid spill if you knock the set over.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I'll have a set, plus if they do any bigger sets I'd love one of those too, plus a Zebra copy or two depending on price!

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Indian lunch boxes, affluent Indians dont take packed lunches but order a tiffin.Hot food is cooked in a central kitchen and are delivered by an army of illiterate Runners in these containers. None of the runners can read or write and in Delhi alone they deliver about 20,000 every lunch time and hardly ever deliver the wrong meal to the wrong person.
Being stainless they make good cookpots in their own right.

That's pretty good going, not getting any wrong in 20,000.

I might have to re-think my support for this venture however, as - and I'm sure their runners are dedicated - the "tiffin tiers" would probably be a bit cold by the time they reached me.

For that reason I'm out...

Nah, just kidding count me in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE