18 with volcano stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

graiman

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2009
caithness, scotland
i am and through circumstances beyond my control i had some whiskey out of the cup you get with the volcano stove
tasted like licking a 9v battery though haha!
anyone know why?

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Could be something to do with the cup being metal, I know glass is chemically neutral so it doesn't impart any flavours but metal might not be the same?

I've always liked the taste of beer from a metal tankard. I hate most/all beers made in green glass, it's much better in brown - omething to do with brown glass keeping out light that affects the beer?

Could be something to do with the cup being metal, I know glass is chemically neutral so it doesn't impart any flavours but metal might not be the same?

I've always liked the taste of beer from a metal tankard. I hate most/all beers made in green glass, it's much better in brown - omething to do with brown glass keeping out light that affects the beer?

that will be cause most stuff in green glass is Lager :eek: not Beer

Lager dosnt like Pewter tankards and it turns to shaving foam :D
proper Warm flatish beer is fine

ATB

Duncan

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
it was a 12 year old single malt :),
the cup on the volcano stove is aluminum i think not sure tho

Sound like they sold you the 12 Volt version :eek:

I guess the aluminium might have affected it but also what had previoiusly been in the volcanoe cup. Possibly some food/drink stuff wasn't too water soluble but was alcohol soluble?

graiman

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2009
caithness, scotland
Sound like they sold you the 12 Volt version :eek:

I guess the aluminium might have affected it but also what had previoiusly been in the volcanoe cup. Possibly some food/drink stuff wasn't too water soluble but was alcohol soluble?

whats a volt version?
yeah probably im pretty sure i cleaned it tho :p

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
whats a volt version?

I was just being silly, after your initail post said it was like licking a 9 volt battery then it was a 12 year old malt. Volt and malt rhymed using the accent I had in my head. Sorry for the confusion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE