Wild pig/boar sighting Nr A14 Elkington

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi All

As I was driving back home along the A14 eastbound,1.5km after the Catworth turn-off, I caught a good look at what appeared to be a wild boar in a field on the other side of the carriage way. It was dark brown and as it was by a fence I would say it was about 0.5m high at it's back.

Due to the colour, I don't think it was a feral pig but I would like to know if anyone else has seen any this far north? I believe that they are wild in the Forest of Dean but haven't heard of them in Cambs/Beds?

I may have to have a walk up there and see if I can spot anything but I reckon that the field is on private land.

Cheers

Craeg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2006
uk
sounds interesting!

If you could pin point the place you saw it it'd be reasonable to still find tracks or sign there...or maybe some very fresh!

There arent many pics of boar sign on UK sites, so take the camera with you...although it might be as well to keep the location (to a degree) quite before some Elmer Fudd wanabee busts a cap in its bottom.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I dont know if I was imagining things but I am sure I heard a pig scream on lopham fen, azs far as I am aware there are no domestic farm animals there, only wild ponies....also up thetford woods this week I saw a heap of droppings-not dog, cat, fox, cow sheep deer. Does any one have a pic of wild boar droppings?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE