Anything bushcrafty in London?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
For a good range of top brand torches and knives, A-Z Electrical, 60 Brewer Street, London, W1, they also sell the full range of S-Biners and lots of tools, etc, which have practical outdoor use.

Whilst not specifically bushcraft, the Algerian Coffee Stores, 52 Old Compton Street, London, W1 is an absolute must visit place if you love the aroma of coffee beans and tea, they also serve superb coffee
sign0196.gif
(no seating, you stand in, or out of the shop to drink) their range of edible goodies is fabulous (Italian strawberry nougat, chocolate covered coffee beans and chocolate covered marzipan being my favorite trio!).
happy0054.gif

912_coffee.jpg

These two stores are within five minutes walk of each other.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
there is no such thing as hold baggage in eurostar so i belive that you cant take any knives of any sort SAK or otherwise on eurostar.... in that respect flying is easier....

but then again i belive that you can take a hike stove on eurostar (but not the fuel) whereas on most arelines if the stove has ever been used you cant take it

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Just a quick question about the Eurostar: will customs confiscate any knife I have on me? I read something on their website about a £17.50 fee for "sporting and collectors’ weapons"...

I always have a Swisstool Spirit on me, do you guys think I'd better leave it at home?

It entirely depends who you get on the day, what you look like, what your attitude is etc.

Nicola does a gig in Brussels every year and takes various knives including a little locking Spyderco (for work as part of her presentation therefore good legal reason to carry) and has never had it questioned til this year when she was pulled for it and had to pay for it to go in the secure bit. The chaps wanted to confiscate it but she dug her heals in they called the police who were fine and put it in the secure area so she could collect at the other end.

On the way back her boss (balding aging professor) put it in his toolbag with his leatherman and various other tools for his folding bike and through it came no problem.

No doubt had they been 19 tattood and goby the knife would have been confiscated.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Don’t miss out on the Patisserie Valerie as well, bit further down the street. there you can sit and the cakes are to die for!

For a good range of top brand torches and knives, A-Z Electrical, 60 Brewer Street, London, W1, they also sell the full range of S-Biners and lots of tools, etc, which have practical outdoor use.

Whilst not specifically bushcraft, the Algerian Coffee Stores, 52 Old Compton Street, London, W1 is an absolute must visit place if you love the aroma of coffee beans and tea, they also serve superb coffee
sign0196.gif
(no seating, you stand in, or out of the shop to drink) their range of edible goodies is fabulous (Italian strawberry nougat, chocolate covered coffee beans and chocolate covered marzipan being my favorite trio!).
happy0054.gif

912_coffee.jpg

These two stores are within five minutes walk of each other.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
A trip to Kew Gardens is a good way to see a fascinating array of plants from a wide variety of habitats, even a few bushes ;)

jimjolli

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2008
london
If you're going to Kew Gardens, you may as well pop over to Richmond Park. At 2500 acres it's the biggest of all the Royal Parks. There are some amazing old trees and it's a good way to get close to deer, over 650 of them, Red and Fellow. A beautiful and special place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE