sleeping bag with wiggle room

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Get the expander panel.

I also have a Softie 9 (older one) And ordered the expander panel which arrived today, and while it does add loads more room.. I guess my Softie 9 is to old to match properly with the NEW expander panel. The zip teeth don't quite line up properly and the new panel is about 3" too short.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Scrogger was using his new bag at the Lomond meet this weekend and really rated it. I'm not sure if it was a North face but it has clever stretchy paneling which allows you wriggle and stretch open your legs. He probably won't mind me saying that he's quite a big lad.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Have a look at the snugpak elite range,they come with a built in expander panel.

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
I've got a mountain equipment sleepwalker 1 which has an elasticated section in the middle so theres plenty of room to move around, and you can comfortably sit up with your legs crossed in it, which I like. Only issue is that the interior fabric has taken on a clammy texture that can't be removed by washin it so I have to use a liner or sleep fully clothed.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I'm 6'3" and broad (but not massive). I've got a Softie 9 and I could really do with more wriggle room. Can anyone recommend a good -5/-10 sleeping bag which I can move around in a bit. Pack size and weight more important than cost.
Cheers

You said it...

Speak to PHD....

http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/

They really know what they are talking about when it comes to sleeping bags...

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Montbell do stretch bags.
Ive got a down hugger No 5.
I really rate it-loads of room for my large bulk.
They do synth and down, and a spiral stretch too.
The dwr coating really seems to work well.
They are hard to get in this country though, I got mine from hike-lite.co.uk.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
I can recommend the Mountain Equipment Dreamcatcher 750 with the flexible mid section. I also use a nanok -10 which is good but not as comfortable as the ME.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE