interview with god

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You can think what you like.

..........for now :naughty: :rolmao:

Pretty pictures in the show, some nice thoughts for the day.

Problems only start if this gets dragged down into a debate, or people start to pour (ok...dribble) scorn on other's beliefs (Jakunen, JP :nono: :) ).

In the meantime, the pictues are good :biggthump . I know I have seen some before on the Web, just can't remember where.

jakunen

Native
C_Claycomb said:
Problems only start if this gets dragged down into a debate, or people start to pour (ok...dribble) scorn on other's beliefs (Jakunen, JP :nono: :) ).

In the meantime, the pictues are good :biggthump . I know I have seen some before on the Web, just can't remember where.

Not dribbling scorn, just had 'dealings' with the church and was absolutley shocked at how weathly they were. The bible in the Russian cathedarl in London is THICK with white gold and gems...made me go all funny as a jeweller...

I don't much care what anyone believes, so long as they don't try to ram it down my throat. You could worship the Holy Purple Sprouting Broccoli of Tes-Co for all I care.

The rather beautiful waterfall with green moss is from Plivitce Jezera (about 100ft from where my avatar is).

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
C_Claycomb said:
Problems only start if this gets dragged down into a debate
down? into a debate.
I would say that debate is a more elevated form of discourse than tip toeing around agreeing with everything..........

flux
heading downwards into banality

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Sorry guys no such thing as hell, just something fabricated by the church to scare the bejesus out of people to make them go to church, you can sleep soundly tonight now :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :nana:

RobertsonPau

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2004
North Yorkshire,UK
Paganwolf said:
Sorry guys no such thing as hell, just something fabricated by the church to scare the bejesus out of people to make them go to church, you can sleep soundly tonight now :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :nana:

Just to be a pedant, which church? Not all religions have a hell or equivalent.

If you are referring to the Roman Catholic Church and Vatican, then it's not the only thing they invented.

Paul

P.S. Got some good books if you want to read more on the subject of religious invention and usurpation!

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Paganwolf said:
Actually PW it was 'you' pagans ( I mean in the broad sense here) who were responsible for Hell well before the church took on the tradition :wink: From Asatru/ Norse you have Asgard for the worthy dead and Niflheim for those that did not live a life of glory, ruled over by the Goddess Hel, the daughter of Loki, hence the word 'Hell' (the same root anyhow) :)

The root of the word 'hell' actually stems from the Indo-European 'hel' meaning 'to cover or conceal' (so hell is a 'concealed place'). Interestingly when we say "not until Hell freezes over" should watch it because the Old Norse 'Hel' was a very cold place, not hot and fiery :)

Personally I think everyone has the right to follow whichever path they choose, religious or not and we should show respect and tolerance for those beliefs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE