help identifying plant in garden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

cricket

I'm currently living in the U.S. and while I realize that this is a uk forum I've discovered that are relatively few forums on the internet dedicated to foraging and edible wild plants. The bushcraftuk forum was one of the few that I was able to find that also had a relatively active forum with frequent posts so I thought I'd give it a shot. Are there any other forum members from the U.S.?

We had a few warm days this past week so I decided to undertake the annual task of removing the dead plants from the previous summer from my garden. To my surprise there were already a few green plants starting to appear in the garden. I've only recently begun to explore the subject of wild edibles so I'm afraid I don't have much experience identifying plants yet. I originally thought they were chicory but the basal leaves lack hair and they don't exude any milky sap when broken. Does anyone know what species this is and if it has any edible parts?

leaf front
leaf back
rosette

C

cricket

Thanks for that link. I'll probably be revisiting that page throughout the summer to help identify other weeds in my garden. :) Unfortunately I don't think it's yellow rocket either. The yellow rocket leaves appear segmented and have a much more glossy appearance. The rosette reminds me of primrose and chicory but it seems to lack their other defining characteristics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE