Mora Viking 640 £2.49

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
They have buggered around with the layout of the Manchester one, the camping gear is on the top floor now and the tools on the ground floor But for some reasons the knives are still on the top floor, in the glass cases. You have to nobble a member of staff and they get them out of the lock up store rooms thats next to the desk.

They also have the Mora scout knife for £9.99, the small wooden handled one with the guard and a leather sheath.

They now have a bigger range of colours for the small and large plastic kuskas, the lad insisted I got him a translucent dayglo snot green one...

Theres some neat bits in the chandlers section, wire rrope in various gauges and all sorts of fittings and clips.

ATB

Tom

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I just emailed the Croydon branch to confirm that if I wanted to buy an amount of these Mora's, that I could pre-order and be certain that they would be in stock for me to collect.

I'll post their reply, and if any are still needed, I'm happy to get them for whomever wants them.

Poco

Jan 15, 2010
Manchester
I love that store.

I have picked a few of the moras up with a plan to rehandle them.
At 2.50 a pop even if you screw it up it doesn't really matter.

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
Roll on April when the one in Leeds finally opens :red:

Totally - they look like they sell some interesting kit for the discerning cost-concious bushcrafter - just local to me - great!

Hope they dont start wimping out on selling the knives and axes, though - I really fancy a spoon knife.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Funny, the company clas ohlson started in the Dalarna county, where the town of Mora lies. Clas Ohlson still has a lot of local flavor.

Guess you can pay the same low price for mora knives now as we always have done.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
OK I managed to pick up 15 (and cleared out the Manchester Branch) Those who PM'd me will mostly get what they required. and after that I apologise if I have none left..... But I will be going back in a week or so, and I'll bring a rake of em to the moot too.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Nice one! :red::red::red: :You_Rock_

Let me know how much the total is and I'll reimburse you. Better if we can do it tonight as I'm on camp this weekend and won't have technology until I return on Sunday (which may be late).

Claudiasboris

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
OK I managed to pick up 15 (and cleared out the Manchester Branch) Those who PM'd me will mostly get what they required. and after that I apologise if I have none left..... But I will be going back in a week or so, and I'll bring a rake of em to the moot too.

goodjob

Paypall sent!

Claudiasboris

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester

Did you have a friend with you today when you went in?

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Nope just me, about 5pm I was in there:)

I was in there around 1pm and I saw two guys looking for them as was I, I walked past the glass desk they were in twice then spotted it and asked how many they had, they told me 25 so I bought a box thinking I'll leave some for the two guys but it looks like you got the rest :) No point to this story lol just thought you might have been one of the two guys:)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I was in there around 1pm and I saw two guys looking for them as was I, I walked past the glass desk they were in twice then spotted it and asked how many they had, they told me 25 so I bought a box thinking I'll leave some for the two guys but it looks like you got the rest :) No point to this story lol just thought you might have been one of the two guys:)

Yup

New delivery next week I'm told:)

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I can see that when the one in Leeds opens it'll be sold out of the knives almost on day one.

When buying a large quantity of knives in one go does any of the staff bat an eye lid?

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
I can see that when the one in Leeds opens it'll be sold out of the knives almost on day one.

When buying a large quantity of knives in one go does any of the staff bat an eye lid?

I was thinking this too - bulk buying knives isn't 'normal' behaviour.
I hope they have a good stock when they open!

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester

Nope, the guy just asked me if Moras were any good lol and would I be using them for fishing:) The guy was a good bloke and we chatted about knifes and camping, i even showed him my UKPK:D

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was disappointed yesterday on going to the Cardiff branch - I couldn't find the £2.50 'viking' Mora, so asked about it - apparently they are being discontinued, and they may not be available in the new catalogue. They are still on the distribution list though, so they are able to order them until current stock runs out. Grab 'em while you can!

Being an impatient soul I paid the extra £1.49 and got the CoCraft branded one - looks identical to a Frosts Mora 860 to me, except in blue rather than green.

Also, if anyone tried to find one and can't, ask the staff - it has a store location code starting in "99" which apparently means they keep them out of sight, or locked up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE