Favourite music piece

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
john barry did dances with wolves Dances With Wolves: (John Barry) In the late 1980's, John Barry was already beginning to suffer from a lengthy string of illnesses that would largely sideline him as the 1990's progressed. After winning the Academy Award for Out of Africa, he would suffer a ruptured esophagus and would later dedicate his score for Dances With Wolves to the doctors that saved his life. Already, Barry's shameless self-repetition in style was beginning to take a toll on his career. we have that at home too and nick drake and loads of others , being a family of guitar players we have all sorts of good music and instruments laying about the house [http://www.johnbarry.org.uk/filmography.shtml also last of the mohicans is a winner,that got me through a tour of NI , learnt some guitar parts for it too,very stirring

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
al said:
john barry did dances with wolves Dances With Wolves: (John Barry) In the late 1980's, John Barry was already beginning to suffer from a lengthy string of illnesses that would largely sideline him as the 1990's progressed. After winning the Academy Award for Out of Africa, he would suffer a ruptured esophagus and would later dedicate his score for Dances With Wolves to the doctors that saved his life. Already, Barry's shameless self-repetition in style was beginning to take a toll on his career. we have that at home too and nick drake and loads of others , being a family of guitar players we have all sorts of good music and instruments laying about the house [http://www.johnbarry.org.uk/filmography.shtml also last of the mohicans is a winner,that got me through a tour of NI , learnt some guitar parts for it too,very stirring

If so, then I apologize for my error. I know that Buffett did "The Fire Dance" and thought he had done the entire score.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
I'm a big bob dylan fan, but like almost anything (The Cult, most classics, especially Wagner and Beethoven, Sisters of Mercy, Cure, Iron Maiden, Abba, the Who, etc.) yes I am a little miixed up.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
leon-1 said:
I believe the peice that you are thinking of is the Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber, if I recall correctly there is a choral version called "Agnus Dei".

If you like that you may also like a peice by Jan Garbarek & The Hilliard Ensemble called "Parce Mihi Domine" off the album Officium which is a bit like the Monk chanting with great tenor sax thrown in to boot :)
That's the one - Thanks !
And for the tip. I'll look out for that. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE