beautiful moments

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
during a recent trip to London village, had the pleasure of actually petting two urban foxes that appeared over the wall while we were wrapping a last minute birthday present outside a tube stop (like you do!?).

'never touched a wild fox before, and although urban foxes are obviously very used to us all - to actualy 'pet' a pair was very unexpected. made my weelend.

These kind of events seem to punctuate my year more so than anything to do with work etc.
'had a close brush with a kestrel while stalking Red Deer this year - definitely a highlight of '09.

cheers
:)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Another nice sight today. BB said

"Look over there"

A flight of twenty or so curlews were swooping around the shire horses in the field that adjoins ours

Stunning sight. Had the camera this time too :)

Red

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
I was out getting sloe berries about 2 weeks back. I got about a half tesco bag full. Me and the youngest boy were on the way home when there was a sudden loud shrieking noise, from silence to ear piercing in <0.5 seconds.....:lmao: I insticntively looked up into the nearest big oak in the hedgrow, then a flurry of activity caught my eye. It was a stoat (or weasel? dont know the difference....) having a fight with a rabbit right next to the ditch. It was awesome, the stoat had the rabbits nose and wouldnt let go, the rabit was doing its best mick mcmanus moves to try and slam the stoat off this way and that-with no success. I thought this is going to be interesting, I want to see how the stoat will kill the rabbit (and then try to get the rabbit :rolleyes: LOL ferriting with a stoat....) and so we walked closer, but I think we spooked the stoat, the 2 of them disapeared under clumps of snowy grass and the racket ended just as suddenly as it had started....I like to see real nature, and naturaly the boy was very excited to see it too. Just good to be in the right place at the right time etc:)

the difference is easy weasels are weaselly recognised and stoats are stoatally different either that or stoats have black tip tails :-D

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
when i went to the woods at the end of the air field yesterday for a piece of wood for a spoon, a barn owl flew out of the spruce and flew along the tree line, and then back again.......... awsome

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Walking along the path to Thornton Force today a Robin flew along side and landed on a post 3 feet away and as I took my haversack off it bobbed up and down, as I opened my sandwiches, and flew down to my feet as I threw it some chicken bits which it wolfed down.So I left it a pile of bread and scraps in a sheltered spot.A Magic moment
robin.jpg

just thought I'd share cheers all Danny

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
One thing i have done is sat down and watched a snail in Liverpool Lime Street station.

I was just walking along, when i spotted this snail, crossing the very busy main floor of the station where the shops are etc, so i just sat on the floor and watched it slowly crawling along not bothered at all by the hundreds of humans around. It was a very peaceful moment for me anyway.

I did lift the snail and take it outside as well, and got some strange looks for my troubles LOL :rolleyes:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Young Badgers playing at my feet and bumping into my leg whilst mum tidied up the nest, bring the old bedding out and rolling it away then bringing back some fresh stuff.
Being where they are, I doubt they've ever seen a human and they didn't mind me being there.
I see a lot of wildlife every day, but that was one of my favourites.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i was on a camp a while back. i was using a tarp and basha. i woke up at about 5:30am and there was a bird on a branch about 3 feet away from me chirping at me. i wouldn't get lost for some time so i had to lie there and wait for it to lose interest so that i could go back to sleep. oh and on a walk in the woods the other day i saw about 7 or 8 dear of varying sizes all walking threw the tree's. i was about 10 feet away an i think i stood on a branck and they bolted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE