Meet up in Herts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Thanks for putting me on the list, Dave. I'll probably only camp out on Friday night as I have commitments on the Sunday morning.

Please put me down for the Stew.

If there weather's not too cold and wet I wonder if I could bring my dog along - lovely Golden Retriever bitch, very well behaved. But if anyone doesn't want a dog around, then she stays at home!

Lookig forward to meeting you all!

Hertsboy

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
i have never meet any of you guys and cant do december either way. But i am in the aylesbury area and do nt know any bushcrafters so thought id take this chance to say Hi!

Steve

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
We will be there Dave, although there has to be a 'Weather Permitting' caveat in there at the moment.

If I can get the car to the site (twice) we will stay from Friday to at least until Sat evening. Also, what do we need to do to arrange the metal fire stands? Please can you bag one for my family and hold it until we get there?

Cheers,
Steve

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Steve, not a problem. I will sort out fire stands at campsite. Will see you weather permitting. Bring plenty of warm clobber, it's only a few yards from the carpark to where we will be camping.

Mesquite (Steve) I believe that you have one of the Polish army tipis ( made from 2 ponchos). Is there a chance that you could bring it as I would like to see what they are like.

Latest local weather forecast is up to 20cms of snow (on high ground) between Thurs and Friday evening so it could be a fun camp. Don't forget to bring some inner warming liquid, if you are that way inclined. For anyone who likes to sing Christmas carols the site are having it's annual Carol service on Saturday evening.

See you all at sometime over the weekend

Dave

:hatscarf::hatscarf:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mesquite (Steve) I believe that you have one of the Polish army tipis ( made from 2 ponchos). Is there a chance that you could bring it as I would like to see what they are like.

No probs Dave, I was going to be bringing it anyway for some extra shelter

Latest local weather forecast is up to 20cms of snow (on high ground) between Thurs and Friday evening so it could be a fun camp.

What's the Bushcrafters equivelant of Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the miday sun? Even mad dogs have the sense to seek shelter at times like this :D :D :D

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
20 cms of Snow in the night and a nice bright crispy Saturday morning -- that would be my ideal. Better fill up with inwardly warming "antifreeze" before settling down for the night though!

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Hi guys, I'm a newcomer to this forum and can't make it over to Watford-ish this weekend. I'd love to meet up with some like minded folks sometime though. Have a good weekend & I'll hope to get to be able to join you another time. I'm really pleased even to find that there are other bushcrafters in Herts.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi guys, I'm a newcomer to this forum and can't make it over to Watford-ish this weekend. I'd love to meet up with some like minded folks sometime though. Have a good weekend & I'll hope to get to be able to join you another time. I'm really pleased even to find that there are other bushcrafters in Herts.

Shame you can't make it over Toth.... it's looking to be an interesting and fun meet :)

As for other bushcrafters in herts, there's quite a few of us on the forum now :mexwave:

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Well, I'm all packed ready! I'll be indulging in the luxury of a tent this time - should be warmer than the hammock, and I've put a blanket in as well as a down sleeping bag.

Those, together with thermals and a fleece - and not forgetting some internal warming liquid - will hopefully get me throught the night.

I'll be walking up from Watord, with about 40 lbs on my back, so I should be nicely warmed up by the time I get there.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'll be walking up from Watord, with about 40 lbs on my back, so I should be nicely warmed up by the time I get there.

Walking??? might be better if you take your skis tomorrow :D

We've got about an inch of snow here already with it still coming down hard and fast still.

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Does anyone know how to build an igloo as Mesquite has already said it sure is coming down here in Hemel Hempstead. Don't forget to pack a shovel and other kit in your car as we may have to dig ourselves into the site. If anyone decides in the morning, not to come we will understand. As I will be on site (hopefully) from about 1-00pm I will not be on line to take messages so use the mobile. If you get there before me the entrance gate should be unlocked even if it aoppears not to be.

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE