quidco (and others)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi folks not sure if this should be in here (would a mod pls move if its in the wrong place.)

Ok well I am a financial advisor and in the current climate I have been telling my clients a bit more about shopping a bit smarter. I registered with "quidco" which is a buyers co-op cashback site. Whilst not huge savings these combined with any discount vouchers that can be found can add up in terms of savings. To press this year I have earny about £400 quid in cash backs . Basically you register and they take £5.00 form your first earnings the rest is yours.

I have had some positive feedback from clients one client just changed energy provider through it got £80 cash back as well as cheaper energy!!!

Anyway all the ususal no affiliations etc just thought some folks might find it useful to save a few quid here and there.

ps there are even some good outdoor shops on their retailer lists!!

Hope someone finds it useful.

Andy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
cheers andy, I'm looking to save a deposit for a house and this kind of thing help.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
There's also Top Cash Back (http://www.topcashback.co.uk/) , which is the only one I've personally used.
It would seem to do it a bit differently since it doesn't take any of your earnings, just seem to pass it all on.

It basically works like this i think.
They have affiliate links with lots of online retailers, so when you want to buy something you just go to the cash back site first then login.. then click on their link to the place you want to purchase from and that's it, you purchase as normal, including any vouchers/coupons you have already.

In that middle step it tracks your incoming link to the site, which then pays the cash back site their commission for referring you.
The cash back site gives you most, if not all of the commission money they received from that transaction.

It obviously does take a while to get the cash back into your account eventually (at least a month at best). However, it is money you wouldn't have got in the first place so it really can be worth it sometimes :)

Cheers
Carlo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE