Horrified

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
A tongue in cheek comment on a recent thread about Ray Mears underwear improving Bushcraft performance came horribly close to the truth today. I was browsing one of the fashion/outdoor clothing shops near Bridgend and came across 'Bear Grylls Expedition Underwear'.

Gods teeth. What next ?

I have to assume it was teflon coated for those dodgy moments.

Richard

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have some :eek:

One of SWMBOs hilarious gifts that she brings home now and then.

Still sealed in the box I might add.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
A tongue in cheek comment on a recent thread about Ray Mears underwear improving Bushcraft performance came horribly close to the truth today. I was browsing one of the fashion/outdoor clothing shops near Bridgend and came across 'Bear Grylls Expedition Underwear'.

Gods teeth. What next ?

I have to assume it was teflon coated for those dodgy moments.

Richard

I must get my eyes tested, I thought it read 'EXHIBITION UNDERWEAR'

Maybe that would have made more sense anyway!

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I found a pair of boxers in a side pocket of a rucksack while sorting kit the other day. They have seen some camp fires / hobo stoves / wild woods and the like. Wonder if I should offer them for sale????????

( note to self, better not post this, dang...too late)

porchini

Forager
Sep 18, 2008
stockport
I find it quite funny and often annoying that people have a dig at the kind of equipment sold or endorsed by MR Mears, to be fair most of the kit he sells has been used by many others for years because it works Lars Falt etc. But Bear is the Simon Cowell of the outdoor industries and will be sponsered by hundreds of organisations and companies, apart from Bovril Ray doesn't bother.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
I find it quite funny and often annoying that people have a dig at the kind of equipment sold or endorsed by MR Mears, to be fair most of the kit he sells has been used by many others for years because it works Lars Falt etc. But Bear is the Simon Cowell of the outdoor industries and will be sponsered by hundreds of organisations and companies, apart from Bovril Ray doesn't bother.

I like RM so not tirade of comments please! Lets not forget who does support him though, our license (tax) through the BBC!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Wouldn't you rather have more programs like RM's Northern Wilderness on the beeb, which must cost comparatively little to make compared with, say, the mindless drivel which is Eastenders?

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Wouldn't you rather have more programs like RM's Northern Wilderness on the beeb, which must cost comparatively little to make compared with, say, the mindless drivel which is Eastenders?

I agree but some of their massive payments to celebs I totally disagree with!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE