Man exposing himself...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Wednesday I saw a strange man on TV, exposing himself in the snow, wasting a reindeer leaving the carcass and large part of the meat along the road, jumping from a cliff onto a birch tree and wasting the tree too. Then he urinated on his ski's...

What about 'leave no trace' and make some sense?

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Obviously not :rolleyes: But, seriously, this went to far imo. As long as it is fake, dangerous or plain stupid: fine with me. This was just an excercise o bad taste & manners.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i think the definition for teddys shows can be seen in the title, "man vs wild" clearly nothing to do with bushcraft, you see very few skills and most appear to just be him doing unessecary stunts that could kill you in a REAL survival situation, i think his shows must be taken with a pinch of salt.

i think the definition for teddys shows can be seen in the title, "man vs wild" clearly nothing to do with bushcraft, you see very few skills and most appear to just be him doing unessecary stunts that could kill you in a REAL survival situation, i think his shows must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Well said that man!
( Ray Mears underpants! I haven't seen those, are they made from possum merino with a Fjällräven logo on the fly? Grrrr! When I skin a rabbit I keep suggesting to swimbo that she should make a fur bikini like Rachael Welsh in 2000BC, but somehow she doesn't seem keen)

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Well said that man!
( Ray Mears underpants! I haven't seen those, are they made from possum merino with a Fjällräven logo on the fly? Grrrr! When I skin a rabbit I keep suggesting to swimbo that she should make a fur bikini like Rachael Welsh in 2000BC, but somehow she doesn't seem keen)

oh yeah, theyre genuine aswell, never washed, and make me 35% more efficient at bushcraft.

just a statment realy that Ray mears kit is overpriced, and alot of people think its the very best, just because it works for him. i think people should find what works for them, not somone else.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Courtesy of: http://www.equipped.org/ets_news_0107.txt

DOUG RITTER ANNOUNCE NEW BEAR GRYLLS SURVIVAL SHOW

Doug Ritter's Equipped To Survive Productions announced an
new show for the Travel Channel, sponsored by Hotels.com and
called Man vs. Resort (M v R). Hosted by well-known self-
proclaimed survival expert Bear Grylls, M v R will draw upon
the many experiences Grylls has gained while staying in
hotels and resorts the world over during the filming of his
Man vs. Wild and other survival TV series.

Grylls is quoted in promotional materials as saying that
"while some folks were scandalized by the revelations that I
stay at hotels and resorts while filming my survival shows,
they really don’t appreciate just how difficult it can be to
survive that sort of luxury. Survival in the wild can be a
piece of cake in comparison and this show will serve to set
the record straight."

Doug Ritter commented,"this show just begged to be made,"
and says the support from Hotels.com should raise as much as
1.6 million dollars for the cash-strapped non-profit
Equipped To Survive Foundation. Added Doug, "hopefully that
money will help us promote real survival preparedness to
counter some of Grylls' prior TV antics."

Grylls will focus on how to survive in style while traveling
through exotic and remote locations. Topics to be covered
include how to tip properly in Mali, where to stay in Tibet
if you want a good steak, the best place for a pedicure in
Mongolia, and hidden wi-fi locations in the Solomon Islands.
The planned season finale of M v R has Grylls showing where
the most comfortable hotel bathrobes in Africa can be found,
and where to get a decent curry in Weston-super-Mare.

Les Stroud, host of the Survivorman series, was
unavailable for comment for at least the next seven days
due to actually being out in the wilderness.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's it.

I give in.

I'm buying a waterproof keyboard :rolleyes:

That's the second time this week I've Lady Grey'd mine :eek:

cheers.
Toddy

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
can be exciting telly though, and keeps survival in the news.
Though some of his stunts are plain stupid :slap:, (the ones involving height , improvised ropes, or cutting perfectly good ropes come to mind:Wow:).

by the way did anyone else notice...
The clip way back where he came across a waterfall in a jungle, he used a Jungle vine to abseil down it, half way down the vine snaps and he falls into the pool below...
just for a second... before he "falls" you can see a black saftey rope!
If he's taking precautions shouldn't he promote the idea to us mear mortals?

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
:sigh: I like Bear, he's a good bloke.

I'm not saying he's a bad bloke. The only thing is that he should promote respect for the environment he's trying to survive (although I think it's the environment that has to survive him) and some common sense safety. It's all being discussed in this forum but what I saw in last week's episode urged me to post.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I've absolutely no time for the idiot..........I believe the Scout Movement will regret associating itself with him and it's only a matter of time before we here of some kid coming to grief copying his "hero"....

I certainly would not employ him!

Smoggy.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yes, I've bought all BG craghoppers kit and it's made me a complete prat too!:rolleyes:

Oh:rolleyes: You know, I was mooching around our local 'Go Outdoors' shop the other day and I got my eye on a fleece top, I noted it was Craghoppers and thought it was well priced( can't remember how much now but heavily discounted)
I thought it would make a good top for knocking about and when I'm instructing too.

I was just about to try it on, when I spotted the BG logo! I actually recoiled, as if I'd nearly put my hand in nettles or dog doo's:eek:
I felt quite embarrassed at my reaction, when I thought about it shortly after.

The thing is; there is no way I would buy anything,with that man's name on it and I certainly would not wish to be associated, with him, in any way, shape or form.

It was a shame, as the top looked really good, but for the BG badging.

I wonder if Craghoppers realise, how much of a cock up they have made; by having BG associated with them?
I always had Craghoppers as a serious outdoor company/brand but I'm wondering if they're on the way out.

I have to say that in all fairness; I wouldn't buy any of the new RM branded stuff either, I think the logo's just look tacky and in RM's case; unnecessarily, overly "commercial".:dunno:

Anyway; I'm off out for some fresh and bear dodging:D

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE