Cornwall RV 2010 Confirmed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Further to Smarty's earlier thread I can confirm that the Cornwall RV will indeed be going ahead in 2010. I have spoken to Spanner at Footsteps Of Discovery who has told me that he and Mark will be organising the event next year. Planning for the event will commence in the next week or so.

Dates are 2nd, 3rd and 4th April 2010. There should be an opportunity to stay until Monday 5th with the site to be cleared by lunchtime on the Monday.

For those of you who attended this year, it would be great to get some feedback about what you enjoyed and if things could be improved for next year. In particular, what workshops were good and if there is anything you would like to see next year.

For those of you who couldn't make it this year, it will be great to see you next time. It really was a great moot and a fantastic relaxed atmosphere.

Anyone who would be interested in providing a workshop, please let me know and I'll put it to Spanner and Mark who will be hosting the event.

More details to follow as and when available, if you should have any questions please let me know.

Martin

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Cheers, my 10yo son and I had a great time. :You_Rock_
Spoons with Neil was great, I'd do it again:)
The Forge with Tris was a chance to go back to school days metalwork:D
Bernie, vv good. Inspired me to make my own knives;)

Next year (if not working)
Leon's leather workshop?
Foraging for food?

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
I'm not sure how much longer I'll be living down here, but still curious. What's an RV? Where is it held? Cost? Possible to hammock/bivvy?

Thanks! :)

Hi Cyclingrelf.

RV = Rendezvous, or meeting.

Venue = Trenowth Woods, Grampound Road. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...9847,-4.907777&spn=0.006604,0.019205&t=h&z=16 There are 100 acres of woods here and, as the event was limited to 100 people last year, there will be plenty of space to stretch out. :)

Last year the cost was £5 per night or £4 per day for day visitors.

Hammocking, biviing, tents, improvised shelters all actively encouraged as well as small camp fires.

Hope this helps

Martin

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

P4120083.jpg

P4120090.jpg

i would like ot discourage people going till i get my tickets booked and 100 spaces dont last long :D

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Neil and I will see what we're doing, but I have already said that if they want me there then I'll come down.

Hi Leon,

I think it's fair to say that you will be wanted. I am meeting with Spanner and Mark on Tuesday night when we will start to pull things together. Following on from that meeting we will start to make contact with people to do the workshops/demos.

Martin

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
More news, hot off the presses!!!

The prices for the RV will be £10 per night for adults, £5 per night for children. Day prices will be £5 for adults and £2.50 for children. Details of workshops will follow over the coming days and will be posted here as well as on the Footsteps of Discovery website which is currently undergoing a revamp. I will post the link when it is available.

Hopefully the workshops will include all or most of the following:-

Spoon carving
Leather work
Knife making
Adult’s fire making
Blacksmith’s Forge
Hunting, trapping, snares
Wild food walk
Water collection
Animal preparation
Ropework/knots
Knife/axe sharpening
Woodland craft
Children’s fire making plus other things for the children to do including the famous Easter Sunday easter egg hunt.

Final prices for the workshops are to be decided.

Watch this space for further details as and when available.

Martin

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Update:

I have just learned that there will be a rifle range set up for people to have a go at shooting. :AR15firin

We will also be repeating the tomahawk throwing challenge for prizes.

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. :)

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE