The BEST AA torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Hi Guys

Right, i am treating myself to a damn good 2 x AA torch. AA as i have tons, multi beam modes too

What do you recommend? (and i have the tesco torch already LOL)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I use the Maglite 'AA' as a loan torch, were I to buy another 'AA' torch, it would be the Fenix LD20, here, which (to me) offers the best output and utility in an 'AA' torch.

FENIX%20LD20PRODUCTPIC.JPG

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
I've got a Fenix TK20 and a Zebra. The Zebra is very light and can run on "dead" batteries that won't drive a camera any more. For reading, or as a nightlight it's very good because of it's low consumption and very dim low power setting.

The TK20 throws a good beam about 50 metres. Sturdy, and comes with a nice carry sheath. Only two modes; bright, and brighter. On the lower setting you get about 2 hours from a set of batteries.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I picked up a 2nd hand nitecore D10 recently and very impressed with it too. Infintely variable between ooya! and nice and dim, single A can run from '80 minutes to 60 hours'... hmm. You can go pretty nuts with torches (as in all things I suppose!)

Cheers,

Alan

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nitecore D20 is 2 x AA and gives you infinitely variable light output. It's a very good torch especially with the R2 emitter option. You'll be impressed by it's max output but mainly it's versatility, just a button press ramps the level up or down to exactly how you want it, no twisting or running through the modes.

http://flashaholics.co.uk/nitecore/nitecore-d20.html

If you want to do some research into 2AA lights have a browse of Selfbuilts reviews,

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=214890

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked up a Fenix L2D from the forum, very happy with it and much brighter than the usual petzl headlamps I use around camp.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I must admit to being a maglite fan.

I am in the process of changing over to LED's bulb replacements.

The big plus for them is lots of stuff fits them.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Hi Guys

Right, i am treating myself to a damn good 2 x AA torch. AA as i have tons, multi beam modes too

What do you recommend? (and i have the tesco torch already LOL)

Hi korvin karbon,

It all boils down to, How much do you want to spend?

My torch collection is getting almost a bad as my knife collection, I have loads of them, from cheap torches that cost a couple of pounds through to Surefires, Maglites etc, etc.

Give us an idea of price then we can give you better assistance because we all have our own ideas of what is a decent torch.

:)

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Hi korvin karbon,

It all boils down to, How much do you want to spend?

My torch collection is getting almost a bad as my knife collection, I have loads of them, from cheap torches that cost a couple of pounds through to Surefires, Maglites etc, etc.

Give us an idea of price then we can give you better assistance because we all have our own ideas of what is a decent torch.

:)

Hi

Looking at the 50-70 quid range. I am probably going for the fenix LD20 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE