Bushmoot 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stretch3144

Feb 3, 2009
North Tawton, Devon
Just wondering how the Bushmoot is going/has gone this weekend. It was a bit wet on Saturday but has dried out since.
Has anyone made it for a day trip or part of the 'Moot and would care to comment?
I had planned to go but fate took its turn and put me sick in hospital for the past few months.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Stretch
I got back from the moot last night, as you sumised it was a bit wet on Friday and Saturday but mainly showers, The heaviest rain was overnight on Friday. We were lucky with glorious sun on Sunday and a good time was had by all. As you are probably aware the moot site is on a very sandy site and the rain soon drains away. :)
As in previous years a big thanks to Tony and all the mods for organising the moot, and most of all thanks for all the all the people that chose to share their knowledge, and make everyone welcome. :You_Rock_
Hope you are on the mend Stretch and will soon be back out in the woods

relfy

Nomad
Ooh looks like I can reply to this having not been able to log in for several years ;)

The bushmoot was wonderful!! I didn't notice the rain until yesterday when I was already depressed because "It was time to go home!!!" and I apparently had an alcohol-aggravated stomach ulcer.

Thank you everyone, Tony, Mods etc for making it such a fun relaxing place to be and Mad Dave, Badger, Darsha etc for being welcoming and fun and especially Drew for providing such a relentless stream of howlers about which I will be chuckling for days to come... :)

Cobweb, your night photography course was Fantastic!!! Do it again!!! Please!!

Richard, very few people could have convinced me that making fire by hard-work could be more fun than matches, so thank you for that!! And for saying "Mmm" like a proper GP should.

Susannah, you rock for not minding your little sister tagging along.... urm... do you? ;)

:)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Relfy are you sure about the photography??? I may be mistaken but wasn't it cobweb that did the photo stuff Lindsay did the pyrography?

relfy

Nomad
Hello James, um... you might be right... I thought firecrest was the young lady with the very red hair?... it was definitely her that did the photography. I apologise profusely to whoever I am offending. I don't really know anyone because I've never been able to log on since I registered... it was only coming to the bushmoot that provoked me to find out what I was doing wrong.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hello James, um... you might be right... I thought firecrest was the young lady with the very red hair?... it was definitely her that did the photography. I apologise profusely to whoever I am offending. I don't really know anyone because I've never been able to log on since I registered... it was only coming to the bushmoot that provoked me to find out what I was doing wrong.

yup red hai,r infectious laugh, inuendo that you wouldn't believe = Cobweb

relfy

Nomad
Ok, I've edited it. Thanks James.
Innuendo, I didn't notice Cobweb being worse than the rest of us... but that night photography course was full of it without even trying! :D Of course anything I said that could have been misconstrued was completely innocent and unintended. Actually, innuendo? What innuendo? I didn't notice any.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Long (ish) time member - first time Moot-er...
This was a great meeting of Bushy minded people - of all sorts!
I had a great time and would like to especially thank Tony and the Admin team as well as everyone else who made my visit so fantastic - notably Greg and Josh, Dave Budd, John the string, Captain Badger, Mad Dave, Toddy and all the rest.
I learned one heck of a lot of stuff from many folk, and a bit about myself from Drew and Tengu....
As a big man once said..... "I'll be back!"

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I am the shorter one with longer blonder hair and glasses. ;)

Thanks everybody for a great moot. I really enjoyed it. I admit the rain got me down a bit on saturday but that's only because I had a rubbish rain poncho which was akin to a bin liner. My own fault!
Thanks go to everybody , I don't think I ever met anybody I didn't enjoy the company of, and big thanks to Tripitaka and his family for giving me a lift, T1tch, mesquite and woodstock for shairing their living space with me, sharpening my knife (cheers Titch!) and attempting to kill me by making me inhale my drink with laughter.:beerchug:

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi Stretch,

Sorry to hear you've been ill for such a long time - hope all is on the mend now? You definitely won't regret it if you sign up next year.

I've been to the moot several years now and it's my favourite holiday, always upsetting to leave as I have so much fun and the people who attend are so lovely. Rain makes no difference to the fun :)

Susannah, you rock for not minding your little sister tagging along.... urm... do you? ;)

:)

Relfy, good to see you can post now. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself. Just waiting to see which of the many nicknames sticks ;-)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
T1tch, mesquite and woodstock for shairing their living space with me, sharpening my knife (cheers Titch!) and attempting to kill me by making me inhale my drink with laughter.:beerchug:

I would like to say here and now the attempted murderer was Woodstock not T1tch or myself.

Woodstock has a very nasty, wicked habit of waiting until you are mid drink and saying some outrageously funny comment and you then procede to choke. The swine not only did it to Firecrest, but he got me as well the night before and I can say that the sensation of cider coming out of your nose is not something I wish to repeat in a hurry :eek:

relfy

Nomad
Ooh yes! I forgot to thank Graham for sharpening my knife. What a lovely lovely thing to do for a total stranger. Thank you Graham! I could say I am eternally indebted etc, but that kind of statement gets me into trouble, so I'll just say thanks :)

Firecrest! :) I know who you are now. I have a sneaky photo of you crouching on a sand dune looking at something. I also very much admired your pyro-artiness and your ability to let strange-photos-appearing-on-your-camera wash over you.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Just want to add to the thanks... Had the most amazing time baking bread and sponge cakes on a campfire oven with scrumpy and watching titch drinking from the box of cider...

Would say I really enjoyed Naughty corner too, but thanks to someones home made fire water, I only have the stories that circulated the next day in place of memories... :eek:

Thanks to all who organised the event and kept us slightly rowdier folk in line :eek: , I promise I will camp near naughty corner next time, less stumbling distance too!

Will get some photos up at some point, Thanks again all! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ooh yes! I forgot to thank Graham for sharpening my knife. What a lovely lovely thing to do for a total stranger. Thank you Graham! I could say I am eternally indebted etc, but that kind of statement gets me into trouble, so I'll just say thanks :)

Firecrest! :) I know who you are now. I have a sneaky photo of you crouching on a sand dune looking at something. I also very much admired your pyro-artiness and your ability to let strange-photos-appearing-on-your-camera wash over you.

I was taking a crap actually.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I wasn't really. I just have evil humour!

I was looking at these wasps digging holes in the sand. They were bigger than normal wasps with thicker black marks. I watched one dig and it did it by jamming its head into the sand and rotating in circles. I have an attention to small things. Ill probably be hit by a truck one day looking at some interesting species of aphid on the tarmac.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
." I also very much admired your pyro-artiness and your ability to let strange-photos-appearing-on-your-camera wash over you."

Thanks for the compliment :D and don't worry about the photos on the camera....I am plotting my revenge as we speak. heheheh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE