One Type of Music Forever

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What type of music if you HAD to choose just one

• Pop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 49 31.2%
  • Blues

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Jazz

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Folk

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • World

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Classical

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Electronica/Dance

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Extreme Death-Metal Industrial Ear-Bleeding Noise

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Something I've forgotten

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
wheres the option for russian accapela freestyle rap with hip hop undertones (before you ask i had a demo tape of an act i was asked to give my professional viewpoint)

Rock all the way

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I like me Folk, Show of Hands, Dylan, Seth Lakeman.
I like me Irish Folk, Pogues, Saw Doctors, Christy Moore, Planxty.
I like me Rock, Floyd, Clash, Stranglers.
I like me Ska-TwoTone, Specials, Bad Manners, Madness.

I tell you what I like anything me apart from OPERA!!!!!!! Hate the stuff.:yikes:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Just like this thread
Old Punks never die !!!
......They just smell that way

so I am with you shaggystu
Fugazi on at the moment "waiting room"

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
by pop i suppose you mean bands like boyzone the spicegirls?

alot of people dont realise that pop music just means popular music thats why i picked that one, i listen to whatever has a good beat :D

Well I'm a bit of an old hippy rocker, can't beat a bit of Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen (Is AWESOME!) , Led Zep even Buckethead is getting a look in these days... but it all has it's roots in folk and I reckon even world music is folk too in it's origin. So I voted for folk.

Anyone ever heared of the Lomax recordings of folk blues in the US that Moby took and made dancy? For some classic folk blues try and get a listen...awesome. Oh yeagh and what about the Blueman Group? Saw them live a couple of night ago in Glasgow...pure entertainment bril!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Extreme death metal, obviously. I am a big Carcass fan - and, no, I'm not being ironic.

However, am also an indie kid from the eighties, so anything like The Wedding Present would not go amiss either.

Ruvio

Nomad
It's all about the indie here
little man tate, the gaslight anthem.....

agree with eric methven though, john tams is absolutely fantastic, saw him in a barn a few weeks back

but anyone that likes rock or indie i'd recommend the gaslight anthem to, natural successors to springsteen, from the same town as well

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
When music is improvised - then for me it's jazz. You're "jazzing" it up.

When I listen to flamenco guitar, it's jazz guitar. So is gipsy guitar jazz? - Django says so. Flamenco singing or portuguese fado, they are just another form of the blues. Is the blues jazz? Listen closely to Billie Holiday and tell me - she's a great jazz singer - she is the queen of the blues.

Rock? Listen to Buddy Guy (Clapton and Hendrix certainly did). Now is that rock? blues? - it's all jazz.

And if you want something that's modern - listen to Ornette Coleman - eg "Free jazz" That'll clear your mind!

And for us bushcrafters? Music for swinging in the hammock from Sonny Rollins while we enjoy the balmy heat - that's jazz man!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE