The Outdoors Show 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
The show has been mentioned for the midlands meet this year but i think it deserves its own thread;

http://www.outdoorsshowextra.co.uk/

Just wondering who is going? i also noticed bushcraft magazine is having a stand there so it might be worth checking it out.

Does anyone know what celebrities will be there? i know Bear Grylls opened it last year, will he be there this time?

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
I was thinking about it, the wife is pretty keen to get up there. sure about BG being there, he doesnt really do it for me though.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Is that the thing at Birmingham NEC?
A friend wants to go and I said I would. Not too bothered though - I either end up spending shed loads or nothing at those kinds of things. And I don't want to spend a lot of money (can't think if anything I really need, for one thing), and it's a long way to go for nothing.
But in theory I should be there.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
The show has been mentioned for the midlands meet this year but i think it deserves its own thread;

http://www.outdoorsshowextra.co.uk/

Just wondering who is going? i also noticed bushcraft magazine is having a stand there so it might be worth checking it out.

Does anyone know what celebrities will be there? i know Bear Grylls opened it last year, will he be there this time?

I won't be there. Attended the first few years but it gradually became less RM and more BG.
Too many luxury holiday firms and the like now.:(

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I won't be there. Attended the first few years but it gradually became less RM and more BG.
Too many luxury holiday firms and the like now.:(

BG is exactly the reason im going (i dont really care if no one likes him on here, i think hes great and he knows exactly what hes doing.) :D that and the climbing too, i cant wait to see the new skymasters route.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'm surprised that with the emphasis on being responsible in the outdoors, the link shows a picture of a canoeist paddling away, whilst their PFD lies in the bottom of the canoe.

Nothing like setting the right example to those whom may be new to the outdoors!

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I'll be there on press day and the first saturday i expect.
Have some clients to check on and new business to follow up.
Looks like it should be good and i should of just got paid lol

I might even camp... save client costs

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
Who else is going? This year i think will be more bushcrafty as there is a bushcraft village with bison bushcraft and gransfors bruks are doing forging demos, Im not sure what kind of forge setup they will have in the NEC though :). I believe Dave watson and Ian Maxwell are doing talks aswell.
Hope to meet some of you at the show.
George

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
I'll be there with a couple friends on the Friday.. I may be wearing my paramo jacket... *cough*
:D

I'll definitely want to check out the Gransfors demonstrations too - looks very interesting...

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I will be there, and there is a link to what is going on "Bushcraft" wise here:
http://www.outdoorsshowextra.co.uk/index.php?id=279&tid=46

Speakers include Ian "Max" Maxwell, Andrew Price, Dave Waston & Bear Grylls.
Here is a link to the events going on in the wilderness camp:
http://www.outdoorsshowextra.co.uk/index.php?id=392

Gransfors will have a forge and be doing forging demos on all three days, also there are more "Bushcraft" companies setting up stall this year, Bison Bushcraft, Springfields, Lifesaver & Northridge.

Should be better this year than last year as more for us guys to see and do.

See you all there.:drive:

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
ANDREW PRICE?!!? I MUST GO! Swoon... But alas, it is not to be..
Edit - ahaha Andrew Price and Bear Grylls will be in the same place - wonder if Bear's seen his video? ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE