Luxuries?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What item(s) do you normally carry that is a luxary, but so nice to have that you seldom leave it at home?

For me it is the groundsheet. It is not actually nessesary, but makes life so much nicer.

The tentipi firebox is in the same category; easier cooking, but one can live without it no problem.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
An inflatable mattress.
I don't mean one of those self-inflating Thermarest things (never seen the point of them - they are actually heavier and larger than one you have to blow up yourself and not that thick. And expensive. Complete waste of time and money), but one of those cheap and cheerful blue-flocked things you have to blow up for yourself. This can be an onerous task, but it only takes 10 minutes and gives a really comfy night's sleep. Never go without it. Although I fully realise I am a complete woose for taking it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A wee nip of something in the hip flask is my only luxury really

I`ll sometimes take my ipod and listen to a book or two if I`m out on my own

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Radio/MP3, a drop of booze is not a luxury but an essential.

The air bed is another new one for me, now I'm sometimes using a Vango Force Ten Mk5 I'm going to take a pukka airbed along and a foam mat to go on top for extra insulation (in winter):)

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Blow up pillow
iPod
hip flask of jamesons
some dark chocolate
digital camera
book (or 2, or 3 :D )
'comfort bottle' to avoid late night 'excursions'
light-weight footwear (i.e. something, anything, that isn't hiking boots!)

Hmmm, no wonder my bag seems to be a bit heavy :puppy_dog lol

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Eh, my hammock, instead of laying on ground. I sleep much better in a hammock. I dont sleep well on ground, thats why I consider hammock as luxury...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Home roasted fresh ground coffee.

If weight is not an issue, fresh green coffee beans, my hand mill, a skillet and my coffee pot

Mmmm roasting coffee

:approve:

Nothing wrong in the traditional canvas/rubber airbed...when I'm ground hugging I ALWAYS take one esp with a German foldamat on top for insulation. As a luxury I take a fibre pile blanket made from a mattress topper. Nothing beats being so warm and toasty and being able to sprawl out and not be clammed up inside a sleeping bag.

Another luxury I take esp on a trip of 2 nights or more is a a good quality razor and shaving brush. I've yet to find a very small shaving brush so still using a nice wooden large one.

Oh and if SWMBO is there, a folding bog from biobags. An absolute must for the ladies and not grudged at all. If it makes her life easier and more comfortable then mine is too...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE