My new kneck knife (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogeyman

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
Throughout my (young) life I’ve owned several knives, most of them cheap brand less ones in all shapes/sizes and types. For my bushcraft adventures I use a Mora which suit my needs just fine (for now). But after using a locking folding knife as my second knife, I wanted something more robust.

When I watched the sharpening DVD’s from ABS Master Smith Murray Carter and seeing him shaving himself with his neck knife (!), it got me thinking about buying a neck knife. And since the man had got me interested in him and his products, I might as well could buy a knife from him!

I never bought and owned a knife from a custom knife maker before, but lately I contemplated about this………mostly because I get to see the most wonderful pieces of cutlery on this fine community website. I mean, it’s kinda frustrating looking at all of these pieces of “male jewelry” and not having to own a “bling bling” knife myself!!

So I emptied my pockets, smashed my daughters piggy bank:nono: , returned the dozens of empty soda and beer bottles to the supermarket to collect the deposits=> placed the order=> waited =>waited=> waited (GOD, why does waiting on something take forever?:banghead: ) => anxiously waited => DING DONG=> and there she is: MY PRECIOUS………………….

neck1.jpg

neck2.jpg

neck4.jpg

neck6.jpg

neck3.jpg

neck5.jpg

Overall length : 177 mm
Weight : 77 grams
Blade length : 87 mm
Blade thickness : 3.2 mm
It’s made out of laminated steel with a “blue super steel” (Hitachi) core and designed to be a proper working knife….but still looks great IMO.
Furthermore:
Rosewood handle, tapered tang, unpolished hammer finish (forged), copper mosaic pin in the middle and securely held in its Kydex sheath……not to mention…. BEYOND razor sharp…….

Maker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Carter

Thanks for tolerating my enthousiasm......:eek:

Bogeyman

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
Thanks, the rustic appearance of it is what attracted me also. This way I feel it kinda keeps the knife in spirit of what it's designed to do.......being used!

Though I do appreciate a highly polished and cosmetically finished knife, I’m afraid it somehow holds me back from using it……….:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE