Bear Grills Law Breaker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Can you not tell the difference between reality and entertainment?
There seems o be some people who think that if it's on the television it must be true,Here's an eye opener for you John Rambo is really an actor and he didn't actually do the things in the film.
Treat all T.V. for what it is , ENTERTAINMENT , and learn to tell the difference.

But learning to tell the difference is precisely the point. Rambo is a film. Gylls makes out he is filming a documentary. We have a right to expect standard and if people see something they dont like, is dangerous or illegal then to simply dismiss it as entertainment and some kind of camera trick would be naive because you are trusting these guys are sticking to the rules.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
The thing is this thred is not lets slag bear of its has he been breaking the law.
If he had come to England and batterd a badger ther would be hell to pay on here.
I have also seen him kill a huge moniter lizard which is disgraceful when its for tv
only.
But as said ALL Australian snakes are protected.

Thats exactly my point, my comment was saying that virtually every time we get on to a Grylls subject it seems to end up as a slag off. We all know what he his and what hes about.....oh I dont know, I'm just sick to death of the fella, even if he does do a lot for charity and kids etc his shows are purely for entertainment and usually set up within the law in one way or another

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The snake was probably bought somewhere quite legally, like over here or where ever and just planted for Bear to munch. You presume too much about something that you are only shown a small part of.

Most of the peeps on here who are slagging him off probably don't have much clue about survival situations. Bear isn't really showing what you have to do, only what you CAN do if the situation arose and you were desperate.

Give the guy a break ***. I'm sick of hearing it all, especially when the majority are just jumping on a bandwagon without really having much of a clue themselves. This is a bushcraft forum not a survival forum you can't compare the two. To some degree they overlap but they are not the same entity. RM from what i have seen barely gets a mention on this forum, his name mainly crops up in a thread about Bear. These threads go for a long time, more than most. I find it sad that people get so heated up about it all. Aint ya got better things to talk about or do??

Come on guys. Ya read too much in to things. Give it a rest

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Keep this thread going everyone its hilarious........If not a bit same old, same old....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For gawds sake people give the guy a break, he's doing it to make money, lots of money, nothing more nothing less, yes he's a pratt and it's all staged (allegedly) but he's made himself a mint and secured the future financial security for his family, personally i watch his shows for the entertainment value, much better than the Royal Variety Performance that was on a couple of weeks ago imo, oh and btw the TV does have an on/off button you know and i believe the more modern ones even allow you change channel:rolleyes: , ive said it before and im going to say it again, if you dont like him, dont watch him, it's a simple concept that people just dont seem to be able to grasp.

Merry Christmas.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Keep this thread going everyone its hilarious........If not a bit same old, same old....

I agree. It is turning into a sort of bushcrafty episode of Eastenders, with distinct camps emerging, squabbling over the legitimacy or 'correctness' of a minor celebrity's antics on television. As has been said earlier, his programmes are entertaining; but then, rather ironically, so is this.

Personally, I don't know how he gets away with it. I do know that the audience across the Atlantic are avid fans and, since the production company are U.S.-based, they are obviously keen to feed their hunger with actions that may well surprise/alarm/disgust the sensibilities of the U.K. bushcraft fraternity. His advisors are very well respected and extremely experienced - probably much more so than most who participate here - but if the producers choose to ignore that advice in the interest of exciting television, there's nowt the advisors can do about it. I freely admit that I have never been in a situation where out-and-out survival skills are required but I reckon that the whole process of survival in the real would make fairly monotonous television. It's a bit like everyone's everyday lives: going to work, shopping, trying to park the car et cetera does not make good viewing; disputes, bitterness, guilt and personal suffering - a la Eastenders - does. Perhaps we should look at Bear's antics as 'soap opera survival' - watch it, discuss it but don't take it too seriously!

Happy Christmas!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
His real name is Edward, he must have got his nick name from being a member of the Bear subculture in the gay community :eek: :eek:

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
But learning to tell the difference is precisely the point. Rambo is a film. Gylls makes out he is filming a documentary...

Yes, and so did Ricky Gervais when he made The Office. Didn't stop anyone from knowing the difference though, did it?

I think we should stop taking Bear and TV too seriously. It's not something to be so indignant and upset about.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Yes, and so did Ricky Gervais when he made The Office. Didn't stop anyone from knowing the difference though, did it?

I think we should stop taking Bear and TV too seriously. It's not something to be so indignant and upset about.

And prevent people from showing the world how oh-so-very-moral they are?! :eek:

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Because your balls arnt big enough you mean

Calm down.
Methinks someone is having a sense of humour failure.
Stop winding yourself up over a thread on Bear Grylls. Look at it again. Re-read it.
You're getting all abusive and aggressive over a petty thread on Bear Grylls. Either get some perspective and calm down, or get some anger management classes.
I'll ignore your insult. It's meaningless and means nothing and I'm sure later you'll be embarrassed by it anyway (at least, you should be...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE