Long tailed Tits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Hi,

We had a flock of about 7 or 8 Long tailed Tits in our garden this afternoon, only got chance to photograph odd ones as they don't sit still for long.

DSCF1168_opt.jpg

DSCF1172_opt.jpg

Sorry photo's aren't great:eek:

Cheers

Richard

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bonnie wee things aren't they ? :D
Well done getting photos, I'm never quick enough.

I've been watching them this afternoon flittering around the fatballs on the birdfeeders. I bought one of the wireworm fat blocks in the poundstore and they seem to love it.

cheers,
Toddy

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
One of my favourite birds, always on the go you did well to get any pictures at all.:)

Spotting those and the Fieldfares really tell me that winter is here. Funny how I don't seem to see the tits during summer. I remember finding a few nests as a boy, I was always proud of finding one of those, a very tricky find. I will never forget sticking my finger in what i though was one and was promptly bitten by a mouse.:lmao:

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Just happened to be stood in the kitchen when they arrived with camera on the side:D

We also have a family of wrens in my garden, often seen just the other side of the patio door but by the time I get my camera.............

You guest it they've gone, but I'll keep trying:banghead:

Richard

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
ah Wrens, they are another hoppity little bugger, good luck there. They must be one of the shyest and most alert birds of all. Same kind of nest as a Long tailed tit and a mouse as well.:lmao:

leon-1

This was taken earlier in the year.

longtailsum9.jpg

Sorry, it's a bit overexposed.

We have a community of about twenty or so that come through here on at least a weekly basis (at one stage it was daily). They also appear to have others of the tit family that travel with them including a pair of great tit's, a pair of blue tit's and a coal tit.

In spring time the family were getting through a vast amount of food and gained the nickname "The Mob", they were more like a family of locusts devouring anything in their way.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Beautiful wee things - very hard to photograph as all have said - I love the way the skitter through trees in a pack

Here's a couple of my attempts

2250122673_94838f5ebf_o.jpg

2932164032_c6edfac034_o.jpg

Red

ASLAN

Dec 1, 2008
Co Durham, UK
By coincidence saw a flock of about a dozen long tailed tits on the edge of the village this morning. One of my favourites.

We now live in a village in a valley on the edge of the Pennines and see these birds regularly. Previously we lived only a couple of miles away but a couple of hundred feet higher at about 500ft. Don't recall ever seeing one in the 13 years we lived there.

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
A couple of pic's I got in August.

LT1.jpg

LT2.jpg

A flock of Waxwings came through here a fortnight ago but the light was going and this was the best I could get,

Waxwings.jpg

Long Stride

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
We had a similar invasion of 5 or 6 longtailed tits in the back garden in late November. to be honest that's the first time I've seen them in the garden, only ever come accross them in the woods, and then infrequently.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE