Back home.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
For the last few weeks I, like quite a few others, absconded to Bushcraft Living Forum. Luckily I didn't burn any bridges. They have a section on there that is only open to adults, Bushcaft Bog, yes it's spelt right.
Someone started a thread entitled "Swearing...Dont look if your easily offended" and to be honest it was very jeuvenille. Swearing just for the sake of it. Even the administrator posted. After a few of us commented, most of the foul language was deleted. So why post it in the first place.

Anyway that is all behind me now. Glad to be back home.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
We all make mistakes from time to time.

But it takes real men to come back and admit it.
541.gif

Welcome back guys, we missed you and I hope some more feel they can come back home too.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
apparently according to one member , Im a pr*ck for codemning him insinuating he goes poaching National Trust deer. Im glad to say it was dealt with quick, but its left me with the swingometre on BCUK

:You_Rock_

Wayland

Hárbarðr
apparently according to one member , Im a pr*ck for condemning him insinuating he goes poaching National Trust deer. Im glad to say it was dealt with quick, but its left me with the swingometre on BCUK

I'm afraid people who tend towards expressing themselves through vulgarity, often lack the wit and vocabulary to do otherwise.

There is an old saying, "Manners maketh the man" I find it more often the truth than not.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I can't help but feel this is being wholly misrepresented. :rolleyes:

Wanderinstar, you specifically requested you be given access to the hidden forum, after it was made very clear that it was a place for the dirty jokes, banter, swearing that people occasionally like to indulge in to let off some steam. You were also free to request your access to be removed at any time if it wasn't to your tastes. It was introduced to keep it off the main forums after it started to creep in following an influx of members from BCUK. You were aware of the nature of the Bog, you were aware of the nature of the thread because the title gave ample warning, and you were definitely aware that if it was something not to your taste you could simly ignore it and move on, or even better ask to be taken off the Bog. In the real world people act silly sometimes, people swear and people talk nonsense for no reason. A few choice words on a screen, that you made a conscious effort to look at, has clearly offended you a great deal. That's fine, you have the choice to logout and never return (although I noticed that you were browsing several times today after apparently 'leaving'), but why come to another forum and stir it up?

I suppose all the meets you've attended have been thoroughly clean affairs with no swearing or rude jokes? If such things did crop up, surely a man of your morals, would refuse to ever attend the same meet again...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
At this point I will intervene.
Please take any dispute to pm gentlemen.

A discussion of another forum is fine, bringing a controversy from it here though is not.

Toddy

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Fair enough Toddy. :)

And no disrespect to Ian, but I felt it only right to address the points he raised as they could easily be misconstrued.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I dont see no reason why people cannot visit several sites. I like this one, I like scotty`s.
Im upset over a slight spat with a guy there, which is why I prefer modding, but at the end of the day I visit forums to learn things and socialize with like-minded people.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I visit all the forums & have had friendly conversations everywhere & have no wish to fall out with anybody. There have been a small number of objectionable people with attitude who I would not wish to spend time with & I believe we will always encounter people who don't share our views or values for that matter.

I'm finding it difficult to rationalise how people can make general complaints on one forum about another (whichever it might be) and still expect their campfire friendships to endure..? ....and people get banned but still offer fine hospitality to other forums where they get slagged off..? I don't give a toss about forum badges and I feel I can guage the people whose company I'd like to share in the woods.

I don't feel any personal pressure 'cos I get into the woods with my favourite mates pretty often & enjoy their company whichever forum they post on. I just hope some people will look to the friendships they've made at meets I've read about and play their part in reducing the cross-forum aggro 'cos IMHO it's every bit as bad as any profanities I've ever read :( People prove their worth and mettle round the campfire...it's worth remembering that..

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I dont see no reason why people cannot visit several sites. I like this one, I like scotty`s.
Im upset over a slight spat with a guy there, which is why I prefer modding, but at the end of the day I visit forums to learn things and socialize with like-minded people.

I agree that being a forum tart (as I call myself) lets me gain info from many sources.
I have been a member of several sites - but I still rate this as the best!
I left one that was severely juvenile in attitude (IMHO) and unfortunately another suddenly had a severe dip in quality due to a sudden influx of new members.
Some of those new members are good, reasonable people that I am sure I would (and in cases KNOW I would:D ) realy enjoy being in the woods with.
Some are not:(
I have not left the site in question, as I am sure that I will still learn a lot from some members.
I was about to write to the admin on that site, but he beat me to the punch - asking members to be more restrained....

Thank goodness for the modding on this site!
All the best (or at least the majority;) ) of the good folk are to be found here and the mods (and the site rules!) keep it a pleasant place to be:D

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
i gotta say, I find the whole forum allegiance thing a little bit petty and a little bit sad.

I frequent maybe half a dozen pubs in my area, different atmospheres, different crowds, different nights, different moods, but you wont find me sitting in one, slating the crowd in another, cos tommorrow night il be drinking with them.

im a member of the bushcraftliving and i like the place, good bunch of people, relaxed atmosphere and more of the same knowledge, which is why i enjoy and support all of
these sites. But i dont need to come crawling back here, cap in hand and promising to be faithful in the future, because i never left!

proper sad really :rolleyes:

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
i gotta say, I find the whole forum allegiance thing a little bit petty and a little bit sad.

I frequent maybe half a dozen pubs in my area, different atmospheres, different crowds, different nights, different moods, but you wont find me sitting in one, slating the crowd in another, cos tommorrow night il be drinking with them.

im a member of the bushcraftliving and i like the place, good bunch of people, relaxed atmosphere and more of the same knowledge, which is why i enjoy and support all of
these sites. But i dont need to come crawling back here, cap in hand and promising to be faithful in the future, because i never left!

proper sad really :rolleyes:

Very well said IMHO :beerchug:

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
You all don't even want to know all the other forums I go to, or have in the past. The variety would have your heads spinning.

And I've left a number of them - when the ... tone ... changed, or they became the private playpen of a few who "pounced" upon anyone who dared interrupt their games.

That's free will in action. If you don't like it, then don't go there. You "vote with your feet". But if you "burn your bridges" or "dig a deep hole" before you leave or are kicked off, then that's a whole other matter. From some things you just can't "go home again".

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE