OT Women

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
18? Ah it's all so very immediate, isn't it?
Women are just people, we have bad days too.........lots of good ones though :)
Damn few relationships don't go through falling out patches, the best ones you get over those by just talking to each other.
Sometimes though, best off apart :sigh:

Women go to the loo and gossip, and if we all go then no one is left alone to gossiped about. :rolleyes: ;) Besides.........it's someone to hold your handbag.......some loos are revolting and I'd really rather it was a wee tree somewhere at times :eek:

Nat you're young, so are the girls you're meeting, maturity improves a lot of people, and it does become easier to meet people over the years, not all relationships end up as romantic ones, and they are just as valuable.

atb,
Toddy

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
It is my humble opinion that you learn more from your mistakes than from your successes. Just try not to repeat the mistake you have already made.
It’s better to make a thousand mistakes once than the same mistake a thousand times.

Women don't make any sense, :)

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
You know what Nat? Lucky escape is my view.

I agree with most of the comments on this thread but in my view, at your age the worst thing you can do is try and force a relationship to work. It's either right or it isn't and you know that in your gut when it happens. I was 34 before it did but what a superb wife I have now.

I'm a pretty insensitive bloke by my own admission; not deliberately so, it's just the way I am. I don't "do" needy people and I learnt a long time ago that life isn't fun if you end up being a crutch for someone else's fragile emotional state.

Treat 'em fair, be nice, don't cheat and never raise your hand. Stick with those and you are 75% of the way to being the right material for a relationship. If they want more than you can offer, the phrase you are looking for is "Next!". :-D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Treat 'em fair, be nice, don't cheat and never raise your hand. Stick with those and you are 75% of the way to being the right material for a relationship. If they want more than you can offer, the phrase you are looking for is "Next!". :-D

Good advice. My only addition is find someone who invests as much effort in pleasing you as you do in pleasing them. Don't do things grudgingly or for a quiet life and definitely don't put up with a harpy. Any relationship should be about love and mutual respect - a domineering bloke or a selfish one is a terrible thing. But no more than a nagging shrew.

Find a woman who it pleases you to please and who surprises you by loving you back. Its a lovely feeling and you'll just know its right when it is.

Red

luddy

Oct 27, 2008
SW
Go to the toilets in a group? Depends where I am.

At home: ewww, no. Exclusively solo.
In a rough pub: at least two. One to use the loo, the other to guard the lock-less door and make sure some drunken twit doesn't rush in and vomit on your lap. (Yes, it did happen once - just once).
Out and about: if I've had a few, a companion is a must (doesn't have to be female). After a few shandies, I am unable to tell the difference between long grass and nettles until the following morning.
Anywhere else: I'll take my chances on my own.

Nat; you are young, there will be others a little less obtuse - the best thing you can develop is listening. I mean really listening. Good hunting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE