Camp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
I don't like the shape of the handle, or of the knife. I don't like the ridges on the back of the knife. I don't like the ricasso. I don't like the symetrical sheath so you can't tell which way the blade is.

I like the little spacers in the handle. I like the leather colour and effect. I quite like the handle wood.

Not something I'd ever use, but good for you for doing it. I hope it works well for you, it's always good using gear you make yourself.

its a cracking job mate take no notice of kn**head,all I seem to read from "chips" are negative or provocative comments,he seems a right miserable sod to me!.perhaps the "chips" is a chip on his shoulder?:,but whatever that scarf round his neck looks like soft wrinkly skin to me,hmm now where have I seen skin like that before!!!!!!!!!!!! :twak: :nono:

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I think being nice for the sake of it is a poor show. He asked for "Comments good or bad welcome, thanks." There were nice things in it that he did that I liked. And some I didn't. I wasn't harsh or overly critical, I gave my opinion. All feedback helps you work out how something could be improved. If we just tell everyone, "you've done a great job, it's perfect", when it's not, people will just keep at the same level and not try to do better.

SimonM, don't try to cause an argument. You're wrong.

You don't like it you dont like it fair enough, but it cost's nowt to be polite does it:) had enough squabbles here lately so lets not have anymore eah:)

Bernie

Bernie

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I gave my opinion.

SimonM, don't try to cause an argument. You're wrong.

Opinions are one thing, a list of don't likes is difficult to quantify into constructive criticism.

I have read what you said. I believe it discourteous to list dislikes.

I believe it discourteous to criticise in this manner - but I'm not going to tell you you're wrong.

I'm not going to start another heated argument, I'm not saying you did something wrong. The values I live by led me to the course I took.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
clean and elegent blade shape,

no fuss but well executed handle,

Refreshing sheath style

All in all like it!, it somehow looks like a powerful chopper, yet lite (What is the balance like)

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
its a cracking job mate take no notice of kn**head,all I seem to read from "chips" are negative or provocative comments,he seems a right miserable sod to me!.perhaps the "chips" is a chip on his shoulder?:,but whatever that scarf round his neck looks like soft wrinkly skin to me,hmm now where have I seen skin like that before!!!!!!!!!!!! :twak: :nono:

I cant believe the language this person is coming out with :cussing:
I've not seen a post like that since, well, since i last swore!! :lmao:

I recommend carbolic soap!

Andy >>>>>-------------------------------<>

BTW, i am joking :rolleyes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Very nice looking knife Roots. I do like that you've left the forging work on the blade and a good job on the sheath.

As for the negative comments I side with Dougster, constructive criticism can be a useful tool for improvement for anyone making things. Saying 'I don't like' just sounds like a spoilt kid sounding off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE